FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 05-15-2011, 10:34 PM

Default Parts

Ok, So I'm looking for some parts and most of what I'm finding are from over seas.... Is there anyone more local? Right now I need a wiring harness, air filter, exhaust gaskets/seals, I'd like a carb rebuild kit, and I'm sure a bunch more. I'm about to dive into my 3 bike build... I've been storing my bikes at my fathers house for the last 10 years time to do something about them. Also anyone had much luck or problems with the over seas stuff other then shipping time? AND I need cables sets.... How do I know what ones I need?
Unread 05-16-2011, 12:37 AM

The Over seas besides taking a good long time have some pretty crazy shipping costs on some items. I'd suggest Ebay searching only North America, and if they don't give you that option my little trick is put in zip code 36303 and search 2000 miles that covers all of North America. Without a parts catalog your best best is to search CA95, Honda Benly, 150 Dream, Honda 150, or similar. I am sure there might be some members that have things they will part with, pun intended? perhaps.

Welcome to the forum
Unread 05-16-2011, 02:50 AM

Try Ohio Cycle. Good selection of parts.
Unread 05-16-2011, 03:41 AM

A parts catalog and a manual are key for rebuilding bikes like the CA95. Seals and gaskets from overseas sources works well. I order mine well in advance of needing them. Most other items can be found on ebay, ohio cycle, western hills Honda and CMSL. (Netherlands)

Carb rebuild kits can be found in the US or Canada. Sometimes they don't have the exact parts.......
Unread 05-16-2011, 08:27 AM

actually I do need a carb kit do you know where I can locate it specifically?
Unread 05-16-2011, 08:59 AM

Does anyone know if theses are accurate for what we need on an early, 1962?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...#ht_3607wt_941
Unread 05-16-2011, 04:56 PM

Try Apex Cycle for the wiring harness
Unread 05-16-2011, 09:01 PM

Default Apex cycle a rip off

No don't use Apex cycle... Theres a post a little farther down entitled Apex cycle. They are bad to do any business with. They take your money and don't communicate back.

The harness you have pictured looks correct except for a few minor wiring color differences on a couple wires. Since you have 3 bikes you might want to choose the worst to use as a parts bike to restore the other two, and mail order the must haves that the parts bike doesn't have.

The harness you have might be ok buy a volt meter if you dont have one, some cost less than 5 bucks, switch it to ohms touch both probes together to see that it is functioning, the same thing should happen when you test each wire.

Put one probe on a wire, find the other end and put the other probe on that if the number or needle fluctuates the wire has continuity and is good. Repeat that on all the wires and make sure the color of the wire is matching, some are very similar looking.

When doing the same thing on the rectifier don't expect the number or needle to move right away but it should after several seconds.

It's best to reuse or refurbish what you have than spending a small fortune on new, when the old after a little rehab works just fine. Some pictures of your bikes if possible should help us understand what your'e dealing with.

~Jim
Unread 05-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Jetblack you should make some to sell. It's a lot easier then a fuel petcock eh?
Unread 05-16-2011, 09:40 PM

True a wire harness would be the last thing I'd buy unless, I magically found one less than material costs...I doubt that will happen :P I was actually thinking of making after market headlights yes the whole damn thing, not as lofty as forging petcocks however I guess when you don't have enough hours in the day and start thinking about cloning yourself its time to hire people...now wheres the last place i saw the will work for food and or beer sign people? lol
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:17 AM

Actually, I have 9 CA95s and 1 CA160, it's just nice to start with a clean harness for $25. Plus I'm shopping for other stuff and figuring out the parts I'll need, then make a "bulk" purchase and those guys love to cut you a deal
Unread 05-17-2011, 09:07 AM

9 CA95's? Jesus Christ, maybe we should be coming to you for parts Sounds like you have a plan for getting the over seas working in your favor, I think they like to bulk because they don't have to get government permission on ten packages just one.
Unread 05-17-2011, 11:12 AM

they are not all complete, actually I only have 3 sets of handle bar switchs and 3 carb, and I think I now have 6 motors thought to be all internally ok, just no way to tell unless I start tearing them down, oh and only two have the capacity of "running" but still need the top end redone. The plan is I will be building myself a "show" bike getting some stuff chromed and polished, powdercoated etc. One made as most people had done to these bikes with the chopped fenders and knobby tires "trail" use, and then a nice clean purple one for the wife, keeping it a little more factory style not all the chrome. And the bikes have been stored outside for the last 30 years, but all in all very little rust on them. I'm planning on blasting them all down to see what I have left parting out the extra stuff. Oh and I currently only have one title.... But I will be getting more.
Unread 05-17-2011, 11:15 AM

oh but on a rough memory I believe I have 6 fuel petcocks complete
Unread 05-17-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elenorzx View Post
oh but on a rough memory I believe I have 6 fuel petcocks complete
Do you want to sale one of them to me? since i destroyed it with acid while cleaning my tank! Lesson learned!