FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Truck Talk > Other Truck Chat

Other Truck Chat Whatever else is on people's minds.

Unread 05-12-2004, 10:30 AM

Okay, So I'm new to the "wheelin" world. I went to Moab this year for the 2004 Easter Jeep Safari with some friends that are part of a club. I took my 99' Jeep Cherokee with only a 2 1/2" lift on it. No Quick Disconnects, hardly enough experiance to go at all, but I went and I went up a level 4 (5 being the toughest), didn't get stuck once, didn't bypass any obsticle and all I ever hear is how my Cherokee sucks and that I should get a Wrangler. What's the deal.... I guess they are upset cause I had to pull most of the wranglers out of a jam.... So, I guess all in all, if you have never been to Moab, Utah, you should definetly try it out sometime. If you like to Party and meet TONS of new people, go on Easter Weekend... but if you are more of a person that just wants to go wheelin' and don't want to deal with the lines and lines of Jeeps, Trucks and Offroading "machines", then go anytime before or after Easter.
Unread 05-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Damn! Tell them to quit hatin on your Cherokee! They are VERY capable machines. Also there are TONS of aftermarket parts for them. I just met up with a top pro driver in the JeepSpeed racing series and checked out his race truck. What an awesome machine. It doesn't take that much to make them offroad worthy either. Check out Jeepspeed.com for more info. I was invited to attend the start of next months Vegas To Reno so if I do I will report back here with plenty of pictures also. Cherokees are great vehicles.
Yeah that sounds like a crazy event. I'm going to have to make it out there one of these days.
Unread 05-19-2004, 11:06 AM

I'm actually from Reno, currently living in Salt Lake City, so there are tons of places to go wheelin out there... ENJOY!!!! (just watch out for the rattle snakes and scorpions)
I always have people hatin' on my jeep, whether it be because it is a Cherokee (not a Grand), or because I'm a girl.... Either way, I get the short end of the stick....
Unread 05-21-2004, 09:58 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Heh, nIce. Yep Cherokees really move. My friend who runs the Pro Jeepspeed races is getting me hooked up with everything I need to sell the hot Cherokee off-road parts. He knows it all and even offered to do fab work on any Cherokees that I might come across that need it. So if you need anything give us a holla. I'll be posting more Jeepspeed news shortly for all yall Cherokee owners.