FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Website News & Updates > Additional Projects Area

Unread 03-02-2014, 10:34 AM

Default Honda 750 Auto's

Haven't been on the forum a lot lately but that hasn't stopped the projects .
Here are a couple of pic's of 2 Honda CbB 750 Autos that I'm working on . The orange bike is a 1978 Cb750 A and the green bike is a 1977 CB750 A .
I purchased the 78 last summer as a very rough "Farm " bike . Literally , the bike was driven down a farm road about a mile to get to a paved road . Ran pretty well but needed a lot of cosmetic attention and a little mechanical effort . All told , I have about 150 hours in polishing , cleaning and painting .
The second 1977 was supposed to be a parts bike but it actually was a very nice looking and running bike . Still needs a lot of TLC but should look very nice when completed . This bike is going to receive a motor make over using a 750 F model pistons , cylinder , head and cam as well as Earlier K model carbs . As I'm learning on SOHC4 forum ,it should give the bike a decent performance increase . Our very own Sam Green drag races a 750 A and is very active on the SOHC4 forum . Thanks for the advice on that forum !
There's a little Benly in this bike ! Check out the mirrors on the green bike!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 014.jpg (250.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 017.jpg (264.1 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by kartgreen; 03-03-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Unread 03-07-2014, 07:26 AM

Oh wow. How very nicely done. It's good to know what one is supposed to look like .
I'm seeing a trend here that several of us frequent the same places on the web. Funny though that Sam has a good (but corrupting) influence on several of us too.
I got go racing with Sam and SamAuto this past Nov. Before that I never had more than 450cc in any one bike. I now have 3 750s myself including an auto bike being built largely in the BentOn/Green/Weeks formula. The auto bike will NEVER look as nice as those two bikes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3276a.jpg (443.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0050a.jpg (169.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0099a.jpg (478.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3258a.jpg (224.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3260.jpg (220.8 KB, 4 views)
Unread 03-07-2014, 05:01 PM

Lars , Thanks . Kind of like many of us I enjoy breathing life into these old bikes . The orange 1978 should be finished in the next week or so and I plan on finding a new owner for it . If it doesn't sell on Craig's List I'll take it to AMA Vintagefest along with several other bikes to show and sell . The green 1977 I think I'll keep and play with for a while .
I have several other projects that I'm also working on , 1986 Bmw K100 , 1974 Rupp trike , and a 1981 CM 400 C . That's on the motorcycle side and then several automotive projects .
Over the winter I ran across a shop that had a Yugo car ( remember those ?) , and then a week later I ran across a 2nd. Yugo about 5 miles from the first one . Haven't seen a Yugo in 25 years but I took it as a sign from above ? and rescued both of them ! My wife's thinking I may need a mental health check-up .
Sam's in good company with J Weeks . That guy does some amazing things with his drag race Honda and Suzuki automatics .
Unread 03-07-2014, 06:25 PM

I remember back in my day I installed ARA air-conditioners in cars. We did Yugos. Amazing pieces of shiet. One of our drivers had the front end fall out from under the car leaving the dealership. Explain that to the boss.
You sound like me in that one project at a time isn't enough of a challenge.
If I can help in any way with the 750 stuff please let me know. Same avatar Larzfromarz on SOHC and Honda Twins...
Oh and don't forget to check out Kaizen Vintage Moto on FB ( you don't have to be a member)
Unread 03-08-2014, 08:51 AM

Lars , thanks ,I'll checkout your site . I hangout , do a little work at Spikes Vintage Motorsports . They do a lot of vintage bike restorations as well as getting and keeping the old dogs running . They have an amazing mechanic with 30/35 years of motorcycle experience .
Your right about the projects , at times it seems as though nothing will ever get done but I am finishing up with three projects in the next couple of weeks . The 1978 750 A and a 1981 CM 400 C and some extra work I started this week on my old Corvette . After that I'll get back on the other projects . I want to get the Rupp trike back together in time for Vintagefest in July but I also have several home projects to finish , kitchen remodel and two upstairs bathrooms . And as spring comes so does growing season ,so, lots of outdoor work .
Actually got the best of the two Yugo's running this past week so as I get time it will go into the shop to evaluate it's problems .I agree with you , they were known as the worst car ever built . I lived in California from 1971 to 2007 before moving to Ohio and they only lasted several years before being hauled to the scrapyard . To see two of them in Ohio , not rusted down to fit in a teaspoon amazed me . We'll see if I can make one "GOOD" one ! If I can I'll take it to some of the cruise-ins around here . May have to re-up with AAA though