FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 02-01-2011, 10:17 AM

Default Speedo fun times...

So my speedo looked a mess when I first looked at the bike I was unsure at how many miles were on it because the numbers had worn off from sitting in the sun too long.... so i was surprised to see that there were only 736.5 miles on it! wow that bike barely got broken in...

So the needle doesen't work but the mileage does work ... anyone have a good speedo for sale? I'd rather buy it from you than fleabay.... I will make a list of what other stuff I need too.
Unread 02-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Or it could have rolled over after it hit 99,999! Yep these little bikes hardly got any use. They were almost like a luxury toy I think so if they broke they would just be put aside and never fixed. Remember all those Chinese scooters that people were buying here in the states? I remember people were buying them like hotcakes because they were only $1500 new or whatever. Well they were horrible engineered, dangerous and would break immediately if they ever worked at all and they all just went directly to the landfill. I'm not comparing the little Hondas to them but I'm sure these little Hondas were inexpensive and people just bought them for fun.
Unread 03-09-2011, 10:17 AM

Well somebody had fun on mine, it has 11,000 on the clock, and hasn't been ridden in probably a quarter century or more!
Unread 04-23-2011, 02:23 PM

Default speedo

I had nearly 10000 miles on my first one. I bought it used in 1965 with about 2000 miles on it. In my ignorance of youth, I failed to adjust the valve and burned them. If I knew then what I know now, it would have been an easy fix. Curt