Thread: Silencer
View Single Post
Unread 06-21-2009, 06:22 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Hey good to hear you were accepted to Perdue. That's awesome! Keep on trucking and pushing ahead.

Yeap you're going to be making your own mufflers! It shouldn't be all that hard though. If I wasn't so lucky to get the bikes I have with good mufflers I would have already made myself a set. Then I would have all the dimensions and I could just turn out another pair for you. They don't need too much baffling to quiet down the puffs of noise that come out of the engine. I have a picture of some aftermarket mufflers that came on my parts CA95 bike. It only came with one of the pipes though and it's in really bad shape. I just saved it just in case I needed to make a new pair. It's just a matter of bending pipe, flaring one end for the cylinder and welding on a muffler of any kind on the back.

Yeah it's a perfect bike to teach someone to ride as it is not intimidating in any way. The controls are really light to the touch and the suspension is great down dirt roads and grassy fields apparently. =] They aren't really a collector item and I think they should be ridden and used anyway possible. Mr. Honda made the bikes to be ridden and not kept as museum pieces and kept in the garage.