View Single Post
Unread 03-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I also have been playing around with the Honda CL70 and last week it was running kinda funny but I knew it ran totally perfect before that day so I knew I wasn't going to touch the carb. It started up and would die under throttle unless I put on at least half choke. Then when it would warm up it would run totally normal. So it did this for 2 days. Then later this past weekend it started up and ran totally like it always had, perfectly with no choke monkey business. Just riding it more has been making it run better.

Now the blue CA95 just needs it's carb back in and I can then hit the open road with that thing. Now that my sister is the sole owner of it (now divorced) I'll have to fix it and then convince her it's running reliably again for her to go ahead and get the registration paid. But that sucker REALLY needs to be ridden because the new pistons and rings and fresh cylinder doesn't even have over 15 miles on it yet. Poor little neglected Honda.

Ok back to the carburetor tuning... sounds like RG has some more cleaning to do maybe? Some Honda manual studying?