View Single Post
Unread 03-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I just saw this thread for the first time today... I don't know how I missed it but o well. Yeah the carbs are really really simple. It looks like your carb system just needs to be run more. I think there was obviously some sediment (or a gummy layer of old fuel) in the carbs that just hadn't worked it's way though the jets. Just the old varnish from sitting around builds up and the more you run the engine the more it will clean out. You can't ever get a carb to just run amazingly better just by soaking them. They clean out as they are used after it's been sitting for a while.

Read the Honda Service Manual carb section. You really need to understand what is all going on in there. People always overlook the powerjet and assume everything is all clean and good. There are a lot of little places for buildup to hamper a carbs ability to function like new. I bet that the more you ride it the better it will run.

Another hot tip: Don't ever run 2 stroke oil in it... only in an extreme emergency or to get home or something but drain it out or dilute it a lot.