FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Tools, Electronics & Stereo Stuff > Tools, Machines and Shop Toys

Unread 07-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Kowa T-Handle Wrenches

I have had a set of Kowa t-handle wrenches all my life. My dad bought them who-knows-when and he left them to me to use. I have a full set of 8mm 10mm 12mm 14mm and 17mm. I even have the matching phillips small and large t-handle spinners that are some of my most used tools. I always took them for granted until I accidentally left one in a friends tool box and when I went to go get it back he could not recall where it went. This was over 10 years ago and it's bugged me ever since.

Fast forward to now. I actually found a set for sale 20 miles away from me. I couldn't believe it. I picked them up yesterday as well as some Motion Pro long tire irons. The tire irons made me laugh since I just ordered and received a pair of Motion Pro tire spoons last week. Well now I got a pair of the long ones which is nice. I can't believe I found another set of the very hard to find t-handles. I have NEVER seen another set of Kowa brand tools of any kind in my life. If anyone ever wants some of the nicest t-handles wrenches keep your eyes peeled for some.

Unread 07-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Admin

This particular set was used probably less than a dozen times. Hardly used at all. To contrast this I'm posting a picture below showing my 20+ year old 8mm t-handle. I use the 8mm and 10mm the most by far. Once you break a bolt loose you can spin the t-handles very fast to remove it. They remove bolts very quickly.

Here are a couple links I have found explaining that Kowa Seiki being a Japanese company was hired by Honda to produce the tool kits for their motorcycles.

Last edited by Smithers; 07-02-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Unread 07-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Admin

My trusty rusty new tire irons. A little vinegar will clean the rust right off. New tire spoons on the right. One pair to take along on the dirt bikes and the longer ones will stay in the garage.

Unread 07-03-2013, 04:30 AM

"and me without my spoon....."
Unread 07-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Admin

I've been without tire irons for years. The local shop here puts tires on for near nothing for me but on the weekends or when helping out a friend I had to borrow them from someone else. Then a friend of mine got a flat within 10 minutes of riding the other week and he didn't have any tools or a spare tube or anything. We were away from town so I went riding by myself for an hour before heading back to camp to meet up with him and go home.

Now I scored a 12V heavy duty little air compressor and I have an aux tank to match it. I collected an old pair of tubes and these tools... now I can make some side money out at the riding trail hehe.
Unread 07-03-2013, 06:49 AM

Do you ever think of carrying ( or do they make ) a compressed CO2 cartridge, whippet, etc? I'd think you could do nitrogen at quite a psi and volume, in a canister from a good style paintball gun. Sorry I'm completely ignorant of trail riding but know for sure that if it was me going I'd break down in the worst way, farthest from anywhere, at sunset... and have to pee. At least I could fix the last one, so yea I believe in being prepared.