FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Truck Talk > LEXUS 1UZ-FE Engine Swap

LEXUS 1UZ-FE Engine Swap My blood sweat and tears. It will be worth it!!

Unread 12-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Thanks for the compliments. It's all a lot of fun and tedious work at the same time. The 1UZ engine only mates up to the automatic transmission the Lexus designed to go behind it. There are some guys that sell adapter kits that are expensive and they aren't exactly perfect. This swappin business is a TON of work and requires some extreme dedication. I highly recommend people take the easy road the trade up from a Taco to a Tundra. You will save yourself a ton of time and $ going that route. I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again. I would have been a lot further with my project as a whole considering the money and time spent at this point. I'm glad I've inspired some people to do more with their Tacos but at the same time I like to warn people of the downsides (time/cost) so they can save themselves some headache. Nonetheless I'll still be adding mods to this truck for years. I moved just over half a ton of rock the other day. Made my truck squat reminding me of a stadium truck. I'm contemplating running the rollcage c-pillars out of the top of the rear cab from just above the rear window.

Unread 01-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Admin

Now we're starting the next phase.... Roll Cage! I'm really excited to start this part of the build. This is some of the most fun work in my opinion. It's going to be a lot safer and give me much more piece of mind when I give people rides in this truck when it's done. Finally!

This is just an update on this long thread. I'm really looking forward to finalizing the wiring, cleaning up some loose ends and building a new- solid air intake system for the engine once the whole rollcage is finalized. Here is my Toyota Tacoma roll cage build thread I have here on the forum.

Unread 03-28-2012, 01:40 AM
Admin

Time to get caught up on some posts here. It's been a long while but everything is coming along just fine. I've been playing around with too many projects this past year. I need to do some prep and maintenance on my 1UZ now to get ready to use it this spring and summertime. I also picked up a GoPro camera which should be pretty fun. Here is some 1UZ music for you all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slzzLjFWWh0

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Last edited by Smithers; 03-28-2012 at 01:42 AM.