FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 04-23-2010, 07:32 AM

Default Had my clutch replaced at the shop...

My clutch was slipping bad unless you really babied the clutch. I was hoping it was just an adjustment and took it in to the shop.

They told me that it was adjusted all the way already and the clutch needed replacement. Amazingly they could get all the parts still!

So I got 4 friction plates, 3 steel plates, all the clutch springs, and the gasket with labor for $160. Not bad I guess!

Going to pick the bike up Monday. I can't wait!
Unread 04-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

You have to be kidding me? Did you try to adjust the clutch at all? Why don't you give it a try. There is nothing amazing about getting the parts. The only amazing thing I see here is the price.
Unread 04-23-2010, 07:54 AM

It was all the way adjusted already. I thought it was but I wasn't 100% sure I was doing it right. This shop is cool though, they wouldn't screw me.
Unread 04-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Admin

So you adjusted this slotted part here next the #22 right? Just lookin out for you. You could EASILY replace the clutch and still not get it to work if you don't adjust it properly with the drum adjuster here. I've never seen one of these clutched wear out... ever on any little Honda motorcycle. The Honda clutches will last through 4 cylinder/piston rebuilds of spirited riding- I've witnessed this.

Unread 04-23-2010, 03:47 PM

Loosened the 10mm bolt and adjusted the huge slotted screw head, yes.
Unread 04-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Admin

Could be an old oil/ contamination thing going on. Water in the cases from sitting etc etc etc.... ok good just making sure. You might also inspect the rod that goes through the cases. They are hollow and can be damaged by the chain even - this is how I got my parts bike... nothing was wrong except for this part was bent and the clutch wouldn't work at that point. It could be bent - just something else to check out.
Unread 04-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Admin

Labor included that's not a bad price. Just inspect everything and make sure they put it back together correctly /not mess up the heads of the screws. Make sure they use a good impact driver so they don't makes things worse. But you say they know what they are doing so that's good. Sounds like you have a powerful little engine.