FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 12-25-2013, 12:54 AM

Default Seasons Greetings

Happy Christmas everyone.
Unread 12-25-2013, 05:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

... and to you and yours, Sam.

Make it a great 2014, too.

My Benly is sleeping on the Battery Tender, and there's way too much snow at home for any winter riding for now. At the moment, I have my '65 Super Cub with me in southern Michigan, so I took the little beast for a 10 mile trek in the 30 degree F (-1 C) breeze 2 days ago. I got all sorts of odd looks from drivers - I mean, more than I usually do. That little Honda started and ran strong in spite of the cold.

Unread 12-25-2013, 09:49 AM

Merry Christmas to all as well!

Yea, I'm in the middle of a barn/garage shop conversion. I needed to go to the hardware store last Monday. I took the CA95....it was 79F, a warm winters day.

Happy New Year!
Unread 12-25-2013, 11:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
Merry Christmas to all as well!
....it was 79F, a warm winters day.
Nobody likes a smart alec, especially one living in a warmer climate.

Happy New Year, Chip.
Unread 12-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! Sam, Spokes, Chip and all

I feel like full time mechanic on my motorcycles - and my girls motorcycles! I have constant maintenance parts and upgrades coming in every other day it seems and wow it's a lot to keep up with. I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm ready to ride them more than I work on them!

I definitely need to get more pictures online of my handywork.

Awesome Super Cub Chip!
Unread 12-25-2013, 01:20 PM

Correction! The Super Cub is BTL's!
Unread 12-25-2013, 02:43 PM

Merry Christmas guys! Ride Safely in to the new year!
Unread 12-26-2013, 01:42 PM

I agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Holidays to everyone !!!!!!
By The Lake , only you would be out on you bike in weather like that ! Hope you enjoyed the ride .
Chip . I'm putting rings in the Red bike , should be back together this week . Also doing a little polishing of various parts .
Sam Green , I've got a 1978 Cb750 A torn down and I'm cleaning , painting and polishing everything ! Grateful that your on the SOHC forum , using a lot of your info reguarding the motor . 836 kit , 750 F head and cam and K carbs . Should be a fun bike .
Unread 12-26-2013, 02:09 PM

Too funny Kart... Sam made me a get 750 as well..... a rider while we find a builder.
Unread 12-27-2013, 03:11 AM

Hey. don't you guys go blaming me for your 750s.
I hope you all had a good one.
Over here in the UK, we've been battered with gale force winds since the day before Christmas eve.
50,000 homes were without electricity in the South over Christmas and there were 50 odd flood warnings in place.
Where I live, we just had the high winds and rain but it eased up on boxing day.
I woke to a severe ground frost but it was nice and sunny and no wind so I went to my local Clay Pigeon shoot, something that I do every year.
The wind started to pick up again late last night and I heard something sliding down my roof, probably lost a roof or ridge tile.
On a lighter note, just before the festive season, I was offered an electric start C102 Cub, a renovation project with tons of new parts for £400, I'll be going to take a look over the next few days.

Sam.
Unread 12-27-2013, 06:34 AM

Glad you are safe and warm Sam. Happy New Year!!!
Try to figure an 836 on a postie frame... should we go clutch or Auto? Auto of course~
Unread 12-27-2013, 01:34 PM

Sam , your too late , I've already blamed you and my wife says if she ever gets her hands on you ! Actually she has a 1980 Cm 400 A and I just bought a 2009 Suzuki Burgman 400 for her .
I am looking for a set of spoked wheels for the 750 Auto , it came with the Comstars on it . I know you have some pals over here ,have them give me a shout if they have a set for sale .
Saw the weather report on the news this morning about the storms and flooding with more bad weather coming . Hope everyone on your side of the pond is staying safe . Good luck to all .
Unread 12-27-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzfromarz View Post
Glad you are safe and warm Sam. Happy New Year!!!
Try to figure an 836 on a postie frame... should we go clutch or Auto? Auto of course~
Apart from the Happy New Year, you lost me. hahahah

What's a postie frame ?

Sam.
Unread 12-27-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartgreen View Post
Sam , your too late , I've already blamed you and my wife says if she ever gets her hands on you ! Actually she has a 1980 Cm 400 A and I just bought a 2009 Suzuki Burgman 400 for her .
I am looking for a set of spoked wheels for the 750 Auto , it came with the Comstars on it . I know you have some pals over here ,have them give me a shout if they have a set for sale .
Saw the weather report on the news this morning about the storms and flooding with more bad weather coming . Hope everyone on your side of the pond is staying safe . Good luck to all .
Contact my mate Bill Benton, he has a couple of breakers but I think one has Comstars on it, the later ones had them as stock (OEM).
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?ac...rofile;u=11731
Personally, I would go for after market rims and spokes as the Honda ones are anodized and finding ones that are not marked is nigh on impossible.

Sam.
Unread 12-27-2013, 05:48 PM

Seasons greetings to All,

hope all you Northerners are enjoying the 'cool' while I'm sweating my ring off in the shed (+100deg F!!!!)....and I'm in the shed cause I spent 1/2 an hour outside and got sunburnt! ....really need to start wearing pants...

Just thought I'd throw this in the mix re spokes/comstars...

http://motosynthesis.blogspot.com.au/p/products.html

I found this while researching how I could fit a spoked wheel to my CX500 when I Cafe it....

BTL....I hope you had your protective gear on while riding around inside that slushy machine you call home...

http://www.nznature.co.nz/product/possum-nipple-warmers

Sam...really. Not knowing what a postie is!!

http://pmmc.com.au

Ho Ho Ho....