FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 03-03-2013, 05:00 PM

Default Go Pro's Afternoon Rides and loose screws...

Hi Everyone!
I had a blast riding my 150 on this beautiful Sunday afternoon. Thank You Spokes, Kartgreen, LarzfromArz and ByTheLake for your help this past year. This old motorcycle would not be on the road if not for you guys.
I bought a cheap version of the Go Pro (Vivitar for 60 dollars) and I've been trying to figure out how to make good videos of my rides. Today I rode CAFE style, way on the back of the seat to try to get a view of the road and at least some of the motorcycle. That worked a little better than sitting normally. I'd like to mount the camera lower to get a better angle but I don't know how to do that without a lot of vibration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cjqC0_1G0A
When I got home I stood there looking at my motorcycle and I noticed my tail light lens was missing. I retraced my route but no luck. I ordered one from Taiwan for 7.99 plus 10 dollars shipping. Still, I wish I wouldn't of lost my original.

Last edited by Steverinomeiste; 03-03-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Unread 03-03-2013, 05:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Glad you got out for a ride today. I had a beautiful Sunday, too, but I still have a few feet of snow telling me I need to be more patient.

Smithers rides in the dirt, maybe he has some advice for the video camera. I bought a helmet mounted video camera last year, and I either get video of the pavement flying by or the sky, but rarely the road ahead. When I shifted to a handlebar mount, I got lots of vibration.
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:19 AM

Thumbs up

Great video ! , Looks like Ohio backroads , pot holes everywhere . I like that you looked double when you stopped and made that turn onto the next road . Everyone does that just never seen it on video before .
Your bike looks and sounds great by the way .
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:31 AM

Hey Steve that was great! KG is right your bike does sound real good.Now for that wind muff on the microphone...