FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 08-17-2011, 05:07 AM

Chip , the bike is looking great my friend !
Unread 08-18-2011, 06:11 AM

Wow! Spokes the bike looks awesome. Some good motivation for me. Where did you source your wheels from? Maybe I missed it somwhere in your thread.
Unread 08-18-2011, 01:30 PM

Yea, the tire info is in another thread.
You can get these tires at www.denniskirk.com part#54368 $33.99ea. They also have the proper tubes and rim stips.

The rims are used. I machine buff the original chrome to near new condition. The spokes are chrome from Asia. I relace and true my own wheels.

You can make your used rims and hubs look nearly as nice with some 0000 steel wool and chrome polish.
Unread 10-11-2011, 05:27 PM

Time Stamp 10-11-2011
Time flys. The build from scratch took a back seat to my CA160 Build. So it will remain a project for yet another winter. I have new exhaust pipes on order and will be thinking about controls again. I can't commit to original controls at this point. I will be building a solo seat and maybe do something with the handlebars..not sure yet.

My wife and a good friend here in MN have been after me to consider finishing the bike in pink. Making the bike into a Breast Cancer theme bike. This bike has been reconstructed. It could easily be considered a survivor. So over the next 6 months I will be doing some creative thinking. Once finished it will be donated for auction and the funds used for breast cancer research. These updated may be few over the next months. The final entries will be next summer.
Unread 11-06-2011, 06:03 PM

Got in my BMW style pipes and aftermarket exhaust pipes. The bike is taking on a life of its own. Slow progress ahead.
Unread 11-13-2011, 08:33 AM

Yet another opportunity and move pending. The project will be packed up along with the shop in MN and moved the Orangeburg SC area. Looking forward to the completing of this project in the spring (which will be a whole lot earlier in SC than MN.)
Unread 11-13-2011, 04:30 PM

Chip that's great to hear about your new adventure Best Wishes to you and your Family.
Unread 11-17-2011, 06:52 PM

Yes - good luck again with the move. Back to a closer location for a visit on my NC trips.... at least closer than the midwest.
Unread 11-21-2011, 09:34 PM

Thanks all. Once the shop is set up, the welcome mat will be out for any forum member who might be in the area.

I plan to continue rebuilding the CA95 & CA160's into the future. Although I may build a good old fashion chopper . A buddy of mine already has a knucklehead v-twin waiting for me. (not for a while though...)
Unread 12-08-2011, 06:22 PM

The shop is mostly packed. The moving truck shows up on Tuesday. The shop, the build from scratch will be packed in along with personal goods.

This move has landed us somewhere near Statesboro, Georgia. The next pics will be after new years and in southern digs. The build resumes then. Merry Christmas to all.
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:46 AM

Smile

Chip it's 22 degrees in Minnesota this morning and you want to leave for sunny South Carolina ! We hope you have a great move and get settled in quickly . Have a great holiday and get back to the build .
I'm doing a few cosmetic things to the red bike ,new stainless spokes front and rear as well as polishing the hubs ,removed the old and pealing gas tank liner ,replaced with Caswell liner and a few other mechanical repairs .Should be ready for spring .
I also have 2 sets of stainless exhaust pipes bent and I'm waiting for my machinist buddy to make the fixture to roll the edge flat on the head side .
I have one set polished and they do look nice . they're going on the Blue bike .
It was a bit of a learning process to get the pipes bent correctly but the last 2 sets came out pretty well .
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:46 AM

Spokes, I wanted to say thanks for all your help so far with my CA95 and Buco bag wiring. I hope you have a sucessful move, and get back to your rebuild in a timely manner. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Years!
Unread 12-09-2011, 03:05 PM

Thanks All! It has been my pleasure to help in any way I can. Only one correction..it was 8 degrees this morning...and now that the sunset....4 degrees.

Next entry will be in a couple of weeks.

May all of the forum members and their families have a Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperious New Year!

Chip (aka Spokes)
Unread 12-15-2011, 05:50 PM

Time Stamp 12-15-2011
I thought I would add a last chapter in the build from scratch in MN. Below is a pic of the bike sitting on a shipping pallet I put together.

The shop, bike and personal goods are packed in a semi-trailer. Next stop, somewhwre around Sylvania/Statesboro, Georgia.
Unread 12-17-2011, 10:02 AM

Enjoy your new home. Lot different weather than MN. You'll be able to work year round without freezing.