FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 02-11-2014, 01:05 PM

Default Trail 90 mirrors?

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone on this wonderful site for the wealth on knowledge that is here.

My Platypus (how I affectionately refer to my CA95) last tags EXPIRED in 1978. So she's been off the road a while. Had it not been for this site, I would not have been blasting down the neighborhood terrorizing the cats this past weekend.

Now on to the question. I'm in my last stages of getting her "street ready" read: LEGAL. and still need some mirrors. Has anybody used a set of trail 90 /CT110 style mirrors? I love the lollipop look of them and think they would look great on a CA95. I tried some E$@& adapters to mount up some old Honda mirrors I had, but they sent two counterclockwise 10mm thread adapters, so neither one is usable.

If so, if you (whomever you are) could post up a pic. I've done a search but nothing really came up on the titles.

Thanks again in advance.
Unread 02-11-2014, 02:39 PM

The key to your search is the stem size of the mirror. If you have original brake/clutch controls, search 8mm motorcycle mirrors. If you have aftermarket controls, search for 10mm motorcycle mirrors.

eBay has a ton of mirrors in both sizes in all shapes. If you find a 10mm mirror you like then buy an 8mm male to 10mm female adapter.
Unread 02-11-2014, 05:13 PM

Thanks for the answer. It still has the original lever controls so I need the 8mm thread. The right side was a pain as the mirror post was sheared off flush.

In Fact, just like many bikes on this site, some of the parts came from Spokes. Hopefully I'll be posting up pics and a video soon... as soon as the weather clears up a bit.
Unread 02-27-2014, 06:07 PM

If you mirror mounting holes are 10 mm and you have 8mm stems just install 8mm thread inserts in the 10mm threads . they screw right in.

Last edited by kartgreen; 03-01-2014 at 07:36 AM.

Tags
adapters, mirrors