FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 06-27-2012, 10:14 PM

Default My Benly project progress...

here is the only pic I have before I started to tear into it. Whenever I start a new project I always forget to take pics. The pic makes it look like it is in better shape then it was.

after sandblasting first coat of primer

now a coat of black

while drying

ready to start being put back together

starting on the motor

motor painted and ready to be put back together with new pistions rings, and the rebuilt head.

sliding the cylinder case on...lots of tape in case i drop a circlips..

all back together..could not have done it if I had not poured over the fourms here of other members that have done the same thing.

motor installed back on the bike...little did I know I would be removing it because of my current shifting issue....
Unread 06-29-2012, 05:32 PM

Looks great!
Unread 07-02-2012, 06:00 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Very cool. Those pictures are pretty nice thanks for posting. Everything looks like its moving along pretty good. Engine looks like it's in GREAT shape and not beat up. Were your wheels and spokes in that good of shape or did you have to put some work into those? They looks pretty good from here.
Unread 07-02-2012, 10:48 AM

Scott , looks like your having fun ! I'm sure you know this but just in case make sure all electrical ground points are scraped to bare metal as you assemble your bike . No ground ,no go .
Unread 07-02-2012, 08:21 PM

thanks for the replys. I know the straigh bars and the tail lights arent original but just having fun with it... Spokes the front wheel was in pretty good shape and just cleaned it up with some steel wool, the back wheel is rusted and needs to be replaced but for now plan to just roll it like it is and eager to just get out and ride it. maybe next year I will take the rear wheel off and replace the rim and spokes. Kartgreen- I have got the bike pretty much wired up and have experienced the grounding issues since the bike has been painted. I did get it to start last friday and boy what great sound that was after having the motor completely apart. Although I got to take it apart again because it is not shifting right or at all....
Unread 07-02-2012, 11:57 PM

When you're wiring in the headlight bucket; make sure you get something between the bucket and the front fender, or else the bucket will make short work of the paint job, fitting a thin rubber edge seal on the bucket will save that from happening.

So far so good!
Unread 07-03-2012, 04:23 AM

I really like those bars, was thinking of putting a set like that on mine...maybe over the winter as I don't want to mess up the riding season!