FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 04-17-2011, 04:54 PM

Default Seat Chrome

Does anyone have a good seat chromefor a CA 95 ? Is there a source for this part. I have ask about all of the seat vendors but to no avail. Thanks for the info.
Unread 06-23-2011, 06:03 AM

Thanks for the help. I now have the seat redone and a nice looking chrome piece on it. I have ordered the cheaper mufflers from across the pond. I don't know what I will get but I just couldn't spring for $3-400 for the type that look like the originals. This is a great forum and a lot of help, Keep up the good work.
Unread 06-23-2011, 07:16 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Very good. Glad to hear your getting things sorted out. Feel free to post a picture or two of your bike. We're always interested in seeing other Hondas out there. Mufflers are expensive as the people that make them know that they are usually the finishing touch on a finished bike and it's important to have a really nice shiny set on a bike. I don't mind paying if they are really good quality - but that's the whole problem.
Unread 06-23-2011, 01:34 PM

Default mufflers

Let us know how good the pipes that you ordered are. IM hesitating on spending the big bucks for the ones that look like the oems. Also do the less expensive ones have the diffusers in them?
Curt
Unread 06-25-2011, 03:34 AM

Will let you know what I get. It is like buying a pig in a poke when you go over the pond. I really don't think they have the defusers in them based on the pics.
Unread 07-03-2011, 05:15 AM

Default exhaust mufflers

Well I recieved the mufflers from across the pond and actually I was suprised at what I got. They don't look really cheap as I thought they might. They are actually made in four pieces. The piece that fits in the exhaust pipe, the bugle part, the reverse taper and finally a small outlet. The only place that looks not good is where they welded the bugle to the reverse taper. There is some unevenness in the weld which shows. My assessment is if you are looking for something that doesn't look bad. Does the muffling job (yes they do have a baffle in them). And don't want to spend an arm and a leg these are OK. Not concourse. I bought them from Biskenso2007. I did have to modify the left bracket to get below the shift lever. It was heat and bend and elongate the holes. The right one went on like it should. Any questions please post.
Unread 07-03-2011, 05:20 AM

Default pipes

Sounds like a good deal. Im not interested in a concourse resto. Im more into keeping it as it was originally though. I like the patina that the bike has acquired in nearly 50 years. Parts wear out and need to be replaced. That is normal. Im going to pull the trigger on the same ones. Thanks
Curt
Unread 07-03-2011, 03:41 PM

Default Pics of the project so far

I have the mufflers mounted and finally have the chrome for the seat. Thought I would give a pic. I still need to change out the exhaust pipes and replace the cable. That sounds like a winter project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010092.jpg (419.2 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg P1010093.jpg (382.6 KB, 65 views)
Unread 07-15-2011, 03:14 AM

Wow , beautiful bike , the white finish ,along with the rack, pipes and whitewalls give the bike a very elegant look . Well done
Unread 07-19-2011, 01:03 PM

Looks great!. I have to agree with you on leaving it alone and not doing a restoration. 50 years of patina show it was a well loved and taken care of. It's only original once.
Unread 02-20-2012, 05:50 PM

can anyone tell me what type oil I should be using. My clutch seems to be sticking and I have been told the oil may be the trouble. Any help will be appreciated.
Unread 02-20-2012, 06:21 PM

IMO.Shell Rotilla 30wt, Citgo SAE 30wt, you can check with member Kartgreen as he has a great source for vintage blended oils. A straight 30wt diesel oil is best as it still has some zinc additives.

You might want to check the clutch adjuster. If it has not been cleaned and re lubed it might be your trouble. Old grease gets hard and could bind up the assembly.
Unread 02-20-2012, 09:14 PM

With the bike turned off, put it in first, pull the clutch in, then kicking it over a few times, helps break free stuck plates. The Rotella Spokes mentions is good stuff.
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:26 AM

Sorry but where did you end up getting the chrome for the seat?
Unread 06-11-2012, 03:11 PM

Seat Chrome...Like on my bike?

Tee Hee..... Just Vinyl Chrome Trim with 3M backing adhesive for car bodies. The adhesive bonds to clean vinyl. shhh..it's a secret