FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 05-27-2010, 06:34 AM

Default Might be parting out my bike...

Well, the shop said the top end was bad on my bike. It still runs and rides but leaks oil from the cylinder base and smokes some from the exhaust.

I do have a complete top end kit for it but I just don't have the cash to fix it and no one will buy it as it is for the amount I could part it for.

So, that's where I'm at. It's either part it or put it in the shed and forget about it till someday I can fix it, but I can't afford another bike if I do it that way.

I was so close!!!

Info on the bike is here: http://fourwheelforum.com/showthread.php?t=984
Unread 05-27-2010, 07:19 AM

Hold your horses!
I have a great cylinder jug (just needs hone or bore to fit pistons) I also have a great head. The head has all of the valves out. The valves and seats need cut. You need to transfer the cam out of your bike. The rockers are included. I have extra gaskets including the head gasket. I appreciate your shipping me some parts for the CA95 build. My project is just at idle now. Will start up again in a few months. No Big Deal.

Being that all of the parts are ready pristine and clean, your work scope is:
1.) Have your pistons measured to the cylinder bore. A.) Hone B.) Bore

2.) Send the head out to cut valves and valve seats and have the valves reinstalled.

PM and let me know.

No need to loose the project. Shipping only and their yours.
Unread 05-27-2010, 07:21 AM

Well I do have a parts motor that I had running at one point (that video I posted that sounded like an airplane) so I'd be set on the parts, but I'd still need someone to do it. I can't do internal stuff like that

If you're interested, I could mail the motor down with my top end kit and you could repair it at your leisure and I'd pay you for all your time!
Unread 05-27-2010, 09:32 AM

I would, but it would be July until I could get it back. Check the price for having it done where your at. Shipping the engine is around $100.00 each way (107 lbs) so you would have $200.00 in shipping.

The cost would be any machining I have to send out. More or less, $200.00 for cylinder bore and valve job. It would take me several hours, teardown, clean, package, sendout parts for service then reassemble. Probably $100.00 for the labor.

So think about it. It's the shipping that kills you getting it to me.
Unread 05-27-2010, 09:55 AM

Yeah that's true. Didn't realize it weighed that much! Must be stronger than I thought haha

Locally they wanted around $1000 to pull the motor, rebuild it, and put it back in. The bike isn't even worth that if it WAS running still!
Unread 05-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Damn wish I could help. Shipping is a killer though. Just need to hone out the cylinder and I'm sure you could get away with lapping the valves in. Might as well try some of that Engine Restore first. :-)
Unread 05-27-2010, 02:46 PM

I threw it on ebay too as a classified. Free to list so it can't hurt!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=280513229485