FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 04-23-2014, 09:36 PM

Default CA95 and CB160 Projects

Hi Everyone:
I took my CB160 for it's very first ride today. You might remember that over a year ago I answered a Craigslist ad for an old Honda Twin motor. What I found was a very nice CB160 engine. Not what I was looking for but at 100 dollars, way too nice to pass up.
Here's the motors story... Back in the early 70's, the Previous Owner, a college student owned this CB160 and he had to leave it outside at night chained to a bike rack. On occasion, he would come out in the morning and find pieces missing, the mirrors one morning and the gas cap the next. He told me he remembered replacing that cap three or four times. Eventually the thievery turned into vandalism and when his plate was stolen he unbolted the motor and threw the rest in a dumpster. After 40 years of holding onto the motor he finally decided it was time to move on and that's when I came along.
During the assembly of this bike I bought several CB160 parts collections from guys that were into the CAFE racer scene or the racing scene and had either grown tired of or overwhelmed with their projects. In my mind I see all these parts as evidence of the sad destruction of many wonderful old Hondas. Judging by the condition of most of the parts, some of these bikes were in remarkable condition. I took a couple pictures of the CA95 and CB160 together shortly after the CB160's first ever ride. In going through my records, I can count at least 25 bikes that gave parts for this bike. Do Those Bars look familiar Spokes? Thanks Again. I have now started building an all white CB160.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CA95 and CB160 Day One.jpg (166.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg CA95 and CB160 profile.jpg (40.9 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Steverinomeiste; 04-23-2014 at 09:37 PM. Reason: clarity
Unread 04-24-2014, 04:57 AM

Those look really sweet... very nice!
Unread 04-24-2014, 06:00 AM

Sweet! Yes, those bars look great! I get great pleasure knowing that many vintage Honda's across the country have some "Spokes" parts riding along.
It's a beautiful thing.
Unread 04-24-2014, 06:38 AM

Well done Steve keeping them going is what it's all about, you're a good part of that now!
L