FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Website News & Updates > Motorcycle Stuff For Sale

Unread 10-01-2011, 11:23 AM

Default Spokes Project 1966 CA160 up on eBay

I threw my 66 CA160 up on ebay. Not sure what she will bring.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...%3AMESELX%3AIT
Unread 10-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

That's a great, dependable coffee getter and conversation starter right there! You can actually ride that bike everyday for a long time as long as you don't have any freeway commuting to do. When mine was registered I rode it around quite a bit. Parking is always nice on an old Honda. You can park on the sidewalk anywhere and no one says a thing.
Unread 10-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Admin

Don't forget your CA160 video that is up on Youtube. And just for the people who are seeing this thread for the first time maybe... Here is the link to your build thread showing the progress of the Honda 160 itself. Honda CA160 restoration.
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:23 PM

She turned out really nice, I hope it fetches more than what you hope Cheers! How far along is the bikes twin?
Unread 10-07-2011, 05:47 AM

Thanks Jet. I got a low bid of 900 and rejected it. This winter I plan to do a couple of up grades like new rims and some chrome work. The bike runs so nice that I may keep her for next summer just for scootin about.

The twin (the build from scratch CA95) will continue through this winter with a custom twist. My wife and friends want me to make the build from scratch CA95 into a Breast Cancer Theme Bike for donation to the cause. This means some additional custom paint (pink trim) custom drag bars, pink Buco bags and a solo seat. I may take it over the top.

I will update soon about the "Build from Scratch CA95"
Unread 10-08-2011, 02:28 AM

It's sad to see you got low-balled. It's sadder to see bikes in much need of restoration and no title go for more...ie there's currently a white one doing that on ebay I looked at your ebay posting pics, the bike looked a little dusty, I imagine some people looking thought it was over spray from painting it without disassemble(cringing) or knowing your fine work from this site. I wouldn't think Smithers would have a problem if you linked to here when ebay posting for those curious of your build details.

I know you put a lot fo work into getting the paint and under coat just right...but why not do an all pink metal flake paint job on the breast cancer donation bike, with white accents, seat, grips and painting the rims white would save a lot of work in the polishing dept. I could see that being sold in a hurry, many women do bike rides for breast cancer. I definitely wouldn't be afraid to go all pink with it. Thanks for building for a good cause

Last edited by Jetblackchemist; 10-08-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:07 AM
Admin

I just got back from dirt bike riding up in Washington guys. Ahhhh yes the economy just fell out from under purchases of vintage bikes like this one. I have no problem with anyone of you long time members putting together posts in the "for sale" section with numerous pictures and descriptions. A mention of the bike being offered for sale in the build thread is also fine as long as it's announced for sale in the for sale thread. Anything to help you guys out. I've parked some things for sale on this forum and people eventually discover it by search engine. I wonder if you did the cancer theme if you could write it off on taxes? That would be a good idea.

People are really into theme bikes. It's hard not to make it too personalized and if you do you surely have to utilize the internets power in order to find that special someone that will want the bike. It's a toss up. But supporting the breast cancer cause would be a great thing. I don't see why a group of organizers wouldn't buy it just to have on display at events. I'm sure there is a list of different branches of organizers that you could contact and announce your intentions and monetary goals with the sale. They should be able to tell you what their budget for such a purchase is.

Heck I would call Red Bull Energy Drink up and tell them I attended all the classic motorcycle shows.