FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > 1969 Honda CL70 Scrambler!

1969 Honda CL70 Scrambler! My old dirt bike returns!

Unread 02-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Honda CL70 Battery Info

Wow I got an email from a large ebay store/seller that is moving out some 6V batteries for like $10 to $15 for anything you want almost! $10 shipping seems to be the norm on them too.

Just do a search through their ebay store. I'm sure a lot of you have seen stuff for sale from this seller before.
http://stores.ebay.com/Rusty-Riders-...id=p4340.l2563

I'm glad to see battery prices drop a bit. I live in an area where they price hardware on the shelf like it's solid gold. It's absolutely amazing how much hardware stores have increased their prices OVER list price. It makes all the spare nuts and bold we throw in buckets worth solid gold. I bought a small pail of stainless screws and weird clamps at a garage sale for 75 cents a little while back. The other day I spread it out across the work bench and itemized everything. It was easily $25 worth of screws alone by today's prices.

And grade 8 hardware? Don't even waste your time going to look how much it is. Unless you are in a pinch here just start asking your friends for spare hardware you can look through or just order online- McMaster of course. The tiny CL70 battery at the local battery place would have to be ordered anyways and would be $40 I'm sure. What did we do without the internets? I tell you what I didn't do much besides make some expensive long distance phone calls and then put all my classic projects to the side under a cover!

Last edited by Smithers; 02-24-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Unread 05-22-2011, 03:14 PM

Hey, what's the keyword for that ebay search? It's expired. Looking for a sealed battery for mine.
Unread 05-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Cl70
SLA batteries in this size 6V will be about $30 which is twice the money. Just get the cheapy and you'll be fine. I have an AWESOME battery tender/ reconditioning device that I'm about to write a review on here. It's amazing how long batteries will last with a tender on them - although the Battery Tender CAN overcharge a motorcycle size battery after 3 mos of use on one. So you don't want to have them connected ALL the time.

The new charger I have WON'T overcook the battery and it does 6 and 12V which is unheard of in a battery tender type low amp charger. Just gimme a day or two to get my review and pictures done here. And yeah just get the cheapy battery in my opinion - and invest a little cash in a tender to keep all your batteries in good shape. That will save you more money in the long run. But if I can find a decent SLA I'll report back. I might get a reseller account opened up at Batteries Plus which will knock the price down on all batteries - and they have am all!

Last edited by Smithers; 05-23-2011 at 09:23 AM.