FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 04-15-2010, 03:02 AM

Default I desperately need some crash bars...

A woman wrecked here in my hometown last week on her bike. They did an on scene amputation of her leg and she later died. A brush guard on a truck caught her leg near the yellow line.The wife is having second thoughts about having her own motorcycle now.

I promised her she would get crash bars and the bike won't be hers until it gets them.

Those engine guards from Thailand on ebay worth a damn? It is taking forever maybe longer to get my air filter and I wish I would have known about the K&N (sigh). I would prefer to keep my money in the USA.

Somebody got some crash bars or an idea that I can fab off of...., come on, cough em up....
Unread 04-15-2010, 04:50 AM

I have a set of the Thailand bars. They took 6+weeks to get to me. The postage was the same as the price as the bars.

They are pretty, not as heavy as big bike bars. I'm sorry your late on asking as I sold a set of original bars on ebay for $10.00 in Feb., But they were beat.

I can loan them to you to copy as My CA160 won't be ready to ride for another two months. You pay postage both ways. PM me if interested.
Unread 04-15-2010, 01:02 PM

I guess I gotta go the Thai route? Seems like I am gonna spend more money on Thai parts than I ever have in Thai restaraunts....and I like Thai food.

Six weeks plus? Holy hell.

That is the only ones I see on ebay.They DO have a unique configuration. Kinda cool.

I was pecking on that feller in NJ on this board that listed a parts bike but to no avail.

Thanks for the offer Spokes, but I guess I will just gut it up and spring for the new ones.
Unread 04-15-2010, 07:08 PM

Hopefully late next week your restored shocks will be returned. Just waiting on the chrome.
Unread 04-15-2010, 10:27 PM

Sounds sweet, Spokes!

Those shocks are going to be gorgeous and I really appreciate you doing that for me... The price was quite fair. I was seriously going to mount some Frankenstein shock before you suggested the rebuild. I much prefer the stock shocks and I am quite sure you crafted some beauties from my collection of rusty junk!

Still dragging my feet on my welding on the frame. You are gonna motivate me to get out there this morning and throw some fire...

I am ready for some of these scattered parts to be off my bench before the wife decides my garage needs "picked up". She is SO helpful sometimes.....
Unread 04-17-2010, 04:38 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I get real nervous on my little Honda when traffic starts getting close to me. I will do anything to get out of the way of a big truck because about 90% of the time the driver will be on the phone or texting his mistress... basically NOT driving. Best thing you can do for safety is to keep aware of traffic around you. Other than that you can't hurt yourself with these bikes as long as you have some decent pants and shoes on.
Unread 04-17-2010, 05:05 AM

I have late idea. I can send you my new Thai bars with your shocks. You install them and order new ones. You have the new ones sent to me. I have the time to wait before I need them. You will pay the same price as I did, so no loss. In 7 weeks my bike will be done, my bars arrive...done deal!

pm me if interested
Unread 04-18-2010, 08:39 AM

Spokes you are too cool for words!!

There are two different suppliers for those crash bars on ebay. Which ones do you want? You gimme a item number, my home e mail is [email protected] and I will be all over over like stink on a skunk!

I will GLADLY pick up the freight from your end, just tell me. Wife sez love and kisses!
Unread 04-22-2010, 09:09 AM

The bars are on their way. They will look really really cool. pm me if you want to cover shipping. the trade and shipping costs=best price in town.
Unread 04-23-2010, 03:23 AM

Spokes, you are her hero!

You aint kidding on that price structure. This promises to be a long and fulfilling trading partnership. Yeehawww
You guys need a little work done, I strongly suggest you talk to my pal Spokes! Very honest feller.

Them crash bars are no longer needed, folks. Spokes has handled it quite nicely.. I am still gloating.