FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 11-20-2011, 10:24 PM

Default Whitewalls found

I know whitewalls in our tire size has been a pain in the butt, so I decided to take a lot of time and see what I could find out for us, here's what I have for everyone enjoy.

Universal tire should be getting some new ones in this summer see the link... https://www.universaltire.com/325-16...whitewall.html

Of course I couldn't leave everyone hanging til they re-run them in 2012 and have found some you can order right now for 136.00 each here: http://www.performanceplustire.com/a...torcycle-tire/

Scroll down to about the middle of the page for them, the ones at the top are black wall, even though the image icon shows it in whitewall, I don't know how many are currently in stock so I'd suggest getting em while you can, the run later in 2012 might not even happen.
Unread 11-21-2011, 04:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Thanks, JetBlack. I think I stumbled on the second link myself yesterday while planning my restoration purchases. I still have many items to buy, so maybe I'll order the white walls while they're available.

I researched the white wall paint and concluded that I wouldn't be satisfied with that.
Unread 11-21-2011, 02:53 PM

Thanks for the update. I just found some @ $133.00 ea.
http://onlyoldiesgarage.com/xcart/pr...roductid=16429
Unread 11-22-2011, 03:09 PM

Red face

Hey guys , hate to tell you all , but none of the stores you've listed have any whitewall tires . They all get them from the same place , Coker . It doesn't hurt to pour thru the shops on the internet but I've tried about a hundred or so stores and the only whitewalls I've found were a shop in Florida and they were NOS Goodyears with a cold vulcanized whitewall added to them . Not sure what that means though .
Keep looking , maybe someone will have a set or two stashed away .
The best way to get some whitewalls is to call Coker and place an order and hope they reach the 500 mark . Then maybe they'll make a run . They told me back in Apiril after waiting a year and a half that they needed commitments for 500 tires and didn't want a bunch of tires sitting on the shelf .

Last edited by kartgreen; 11-22-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Unread 11-22-2011, 06:43 PM

I almost added them to my cart on the only Only Oldies site just to see if the order would go through... I'm about at the point of buying some Kendas and a quart of Valspar in satin white.
Unread 11-23-2011, 10:01 AM

Default white walls

The set in Florida are only a short ride from me. They are new old stock, meaning maybe 30 years old. They would be alright on a strictly show bike but out of the question if you plan on riding your bike at all. The rubber is just too hard.
Curt
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:10 AM

Here is a NOS one currently on EBay for $99.99 starting bid. I don't think I would ride on it but it is still in the wrapper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HONDA-12...#ht_1432wt_136
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:39 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I would do a speed run on that thing in a minute! My originals on my CA160 have proven themselves on the freeway a couple times in the last 4 years. I've seen kids run some extremely dangerous looking tires on their high horsepower rocket bikes so after that I'll ride on almost anything. Yeap those tires take a year or two to get but it's the only way to get new production white walls on our bikes. You could probably order 3 or 4 sets and sell the ones you don't need to almost make up for the cost of the set that you do use!

I'm tempted to go into the tire painting business myself. Happy Thanksgiving by the way.
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:15 PM

I placed an order for firestone WW's TWO YEARS AGO!!!!! They said at that time, that it would take about 6 months for them to run any due to a broken mold issue. It's been two years, and still no tires. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Thats why I finally went with portawalls. IF/WHEN they start making the WW's again, then I will try and pick up a set.... until then..... I'm going to run the set I have.
Unread 11-24-2011, 11:24 PM

I suppose shame on webmasters are in order for having available checkouts but no stock...I had the good year type tire on my front wheel rim mentioned above...the white side wall was separating from time with large cracks, in my opinion it looked to be a good tire, and would think twice about using some nos ones of that tire. So sadly the hunt is still on for a source that actually has some.

If anyone wants a tire that has the correct tread pattern for the period...there's a German company Heidenau with a US distributor here: http://www.moto-amore.com/heidenau/productsnew_b.html these tires are fit for racing and have gone through the rigorous German TUV certification and the price tag is very reasonable per tire for their engineering. There may be other Heidenau distributors around the web, but I haven't done a lot of searching for the brand...the nice thing is these are available to our European Benly enthusiasts as well.

The search continues for the great Whitewhales...It seems to fit as one can't help but feel like Ahab hunting for these blasted things
Unread 11-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Here is some more info on the Heidenau tires if anyone is looking around. Great tires and a knowledgeable US distributor as well. http://www.moto-amore.com/index.html