FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Honda Dream CA160

Honda Dream CA160 The old black horse

Unread 05-23-2010, 06:19 PM

Default Installing Turn Signals on the CA160 (& CA95)

If your following my "Project CA160" it has come time to make the modifications to fit the turn signals. This thread will be updated over the next few weeks to show how I make and install my retro turn signals.

I have drilled two holes in the back of my 1968 CA160 fender for the dual filament bullet light turn signal and running light. I used a fender trim from a 1965 CA95 fender trim as a fixture to drill the holes. The holes were then enlarged to fit the light stud. At this point I may attach the light to the fender or use the CA95 trim as a light base. It is convenient to do this task while the bike is apart. It can be done to a fully assembled bike. So if this is the case you must remove the rear tire. Yes you can run the wires through the trim if taking apart your bike is an issue.
Here are some starting pics.

Unread 06-17-2010, 10:35 AM

Again this thread is about installing rear bullet light turn signals on a CA95 & CA160. This technique may work on many other stamped metal frame vintage Honda cycles.

I base my signals on the rear fender trom found on the 1964-1966 CA95 Honda 150 Dreams. I just happen to like the look.

For drilling the proper aligned holes I use the CA95 fender trim as a fixture to make sure the holes are correct. This does not mean you can't do your own thing.

I start out with single or dual filament bullet lights. The rear bullet lights are usually dual filament. I like the extra lights in the back. I use single filament lights in the front.

Below is a pic of how I modify the CA95 rear fender trim.

Notice the color code. I use yellow wire as the running light and green(left) or red(right) for turn signals. The bullet lights are rewired to acheive this.
Unread 06-17-2010, 10:36 AM

Here is what they look like mounted. The pic does no justice to the paint or the fender trim polish job!

Last edited by Spokes; 06-17-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: comment