FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 04-20-2010, 11:56 AM

Default What Year or Model Benly Tank?

Well, I don't know it all. Finally got a nice tank from ebay, good price, salvagable with only minor work needed. BUT, it has two bolted mounts and a curl fitting inside the tank.

The bottom of the white tank is what I was looking for. This tank has four mounts. It fits the 1965 CA95 and the CA160 perfect.

The black tank has the exactly the same as the white with the exception of the forward curl fitting and small indentations that allow it to fit the frame.

I have the option of letting it go and to keep looking or retrofit mounts salvaged from the last tank that was unusable.

I dont want to ruin a rare tank in good condition for 45-50 years old. It is a Benly tank for sure, maybe an early CA95? If no info can be found then it will be retro fitted on the "build from scratch" CA95

Last edited by Spokes; 04-20-2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: fix pic
Unread 04-20-2010, 01:55 PM

How do you know it's a Benly tank though? There were many, many different models in the 60's that used chrome-sided tanks.
Unread 04-20-2010, 02:03 PM

Interesting! Sure looks like a CA95 tank other than the front mounts. Do the chrome side covers from your other tanks fit it properly?
Unread 04-20-2010, 02:33 PM

Thanks for the response's but here is the answer. I searched some micro fische about the CA95.

The tank fits the 1959 CA95 for sure. It also fits the 1960 C92 and CS92

The chrome tank sides fit from a set that I have which looks like the mid 60's style but has the wide screw pattern for the emblem.

It may go back on ebay with the restorable side panels and the plastic wide emblems. I'm crying the blues as the tank has a small dent and no rust through. I removed the light rust from the inside and it does not get better than this for a 50 year old tank. I am going to strip the tank to the steel before relisting. Then go fishing for another tank.....