FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Tools, Electronics & Stereo Stuff > Technology & Electronics

Unread 12-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default New Clarion VZ409 Stereo

I've moved my old Clarion from my truck to my car so I've been keeping an eye out for a deal on a new one. Well I got lucky. I jumped on a deal over at Newegg.com: the VX/VZ409 double din, touch screen, IPOD, DVD player, Bluetooth etc etc. Should a good upgrade.

Here is where my new deck will go:
Unread 12-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Admin

So Santa bought me a new Clarion double-din size stereo for x-mas. Ok I bought it for myself because Newegg.com was playing around with people offering them for $199 shipped for free if you kept checking back at the website. You would have to "add to cart" in order to see the price of the item and a couple times they updated the price from $399 to $199 (for a few hours I found out on a forum!) then to $299 THEN $399 (I lost hope and was totally bummed at this point) AND THEN one morning when I was drinking coffee at 5:30am someone announced that it was back down to $199 !! So I jumped on it! I've had some sweet Eclipse and Clarion head units in the past for my truck that cost $400 and stuff but this Clarion will be the best yet. I can't wait. Anyhow I'll update later on with some good pictures.

Here is my new head unit as it arrived in the mail - feels good to get a big heavy box - talk about bang for the buck:

And here is a picture of it in a forum members truck after he installed it:

And mine as it sits now waiting to be installed (after the engine is running of course!):
Unread 01-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Admin

I decided to put this stereo in my Dodge 2500. It's too nice to put into the Tacoma which will just get dust and sand thrown around inside. I'll be spending more time driving the Dodge around so that's where it will be going.