FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 11-22-2011, 06:19 PM

Default New CA95Benly owner

Hello There
This is a wonderful site! So much imformation and help. I am restoring this bike and need to do an engine job. Where should I look for pistons, rings, gasket kit for whole engine,seals etc? Also, mine is red and I would like to have it repainted. Is this a mistake,and what is the color of the red? Thanks for the help. Doug
Unread 11-22-2011, 07:02 PM

Welcome DBowers! I saw on another forum that the modern equivalent of Honda Scarlet Red color is Dupont Imron 6543UM. someone should be along who can help you with your engine parts question.
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:04 AM

Welcome Grunt, plenty of pistons and gaskets on ebay but beware of buying anything from the far east (but Japan is OK)

Sam.
Unread 11-23-2011, 03:54 AM

I also can't seem to locate the serial number on the frame? Found the one on the engine, but not the frame. Any suggestions where to look? Thanks .
Unread 11-23-2011, 08:29 AM

Welcome aboard ! the frame # is located on the left side in front of the rear tire . Look to the rear of the left side cover , most are very faint as Honda painted the frame after the serial # was stamped . By the way the engine and frame #'s don't match . The frame # should be the # on your title .
Unread 11-23-2011, 05:07 PM

Thanks for the location of the serial #s, exactly where you said they would be. It helps knowing where to look! Great site!!!
Unread 11-23-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartgreen View Post
Welcome aboard ! the frame # is located on the left side in front of the rear tire . Look to the rear of the left side cover , most are very faint as Honda painted the frame after the serial # was stamped . By the way the engine and frame #'s don't match . The frame # should be the # on your title .
Interestingly the engine number is the one on my title. I'm sure it varies by State. Weird that my title also calls it a CA100 which it most certainly is not.
Unread 11-24-2011, 03:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBowers View Post
I also can't seem to locate the serial number on the frame? Found the one on the engine, but not the frame. Any suggestions where to look? Thanks .
From the service manual...

My frame number is rather difficult to make out, so if there's any corrosion where the number is stamped, you may need a magnifying glass to help discern the digits.
Unread 11-29-2011, 01:23 PM

bythelake, where did you finad a service manual??? I cant find one online anywhere.
Unread 11-29-2011, 02:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Here's a ZIP file containing all three manuals ... owner's manual, service manual, and parts manual.

http://www.forths.com/honda/ca95manuals.zip

Let me know if you have any issues with the ZIP file and I'll post the PDF versions.