FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff

Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff Other motorcycle related stuff and some pictures.

Unread 03-31-2010, 07:09 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Thumbs up Vintage Motorcycle Tires

I was tooling around the San Jose Classic Bike show when I walked by a vendor showing his tires for sale. I haven't even heard of the Heidenau brand but I (like every single other vintage bike guy) need tires for my bikes and seeing how he had a collection of them there I decided I needed to check them out.

Here is my buddy Joe and the only USA distributor for Heidenau, John. John knows his stuff when it comes to tires no doubt. He was pretty excited to show us around the selection of tires telling us about how when he makes a large order of select dual sport tires (that you can't get quality ones anywhere else) they sell out instantly. The tires are made at certain times so he can't exactly order them around the clock. The guys on ADVrider.com forums know him well since they are keen to the high quality and durability and all that stuff that makes the tires so good. I was impressed by the construction of these tires as explained by John and they are well made in Germany. I wish I hadn't already installed tires for my friends XT350 Yamaha or else I would have surely tried a set from Heidenau.

And don't worry. I don't get paid to say anything on my forum here at Fourwheelforum.com. These honestly look like great tires and I'll surely be ordering some from them soon. My friend Joe bought a set at the show and I'll be posting more information about them as they are going onto his Ducati Sebring 250. I have a feeling we won't be doing any performance testing with that motorcycle though! When I put some on my Honda CA160 I will surely put them to the test.
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I'm planning on buying some tires from these guys when I meet them at the San Jose Vintage Motorcycle show again this year. I looked up their website just for fun so I posted it below if anyone wants to see their shop. Here is some more information I typed up in response to another persons question: The guys at www.Heidenauusa.com know vintage tires well. I talked to them at the San Jose Vintage Bike show and they had an answer for everything I asked which is not an easy task. The reps business I talked to was Moto Amore and his address is 2983 Lafayette St. Santa Clara, CA 95054. Phone is:1-408-295-3004. They have a cute website here http://www.moto-amore.com. Any business that still has it's doors open and is offering over the top service or help is one I'll shop at.

Spokes also let loose his secret source for buying vintage tires: http://www.universaltire.com/ They have a pretty awesome selection of brands and sizes and if you need tires for your vintage military vehicle you are in luck!! I'm going to call them to see if they will send me one of their free, snazzy looking catalogs.