FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 03-22-2012, 08:43 AM

Default 1960 Rebuild

Been reading and enjoying the posts in this forum for over a year and now I'm going to have to ask for some help. I'm restoring a 1960 CA95 that was my grandfathers and have just started reassembling everything. I got it in parts so am not sure how everything looked but luckily he had a service manual that provided a lot of guidance. The two problems I'm having now is mounting the engine to the frame and cable routing. I think the engine has three bolts that connect it to the frame two shorter towards the top and a longer one at the bottom. Is this correct? If anyone could provide a picture of the bolts to make sure I am using the correct ones I would appreciate it. I've looked through diagrams and read through the documentation but can not find those bolts. The other question is the correct running of the clutch, throttle, and brake cables. These are not mentioned either and I would like to get them correct if possible. I know it is not that important but these things tend to nag at me. Thanks for all the help and I look forward to being able to post some pictures.
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:32 AM

Hi Perry, Is your bike the tube or pressed steel handlebars model?

In respect of the engine mounting bolts there are five.
The top one is a long through bolt and the four rear are short ones, one for each mounting point.

Good luck, Sam.
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:10 AM

It's a tube so the horn and other electrics go through the handlebars. You're right I forgot about the long top bolt. So both mounts on the lower part of the bike have a bolt on either side. I am guessing all four are the same. Does anyone have a picture or measurement of those bolts?
Unread 03-23-2012, 12:20 AM

Perry, if you don't get an answer, I'll check my parts book when I get home. (10 hours)

Sam
Unread 03-23-2012, 12:32 PM

Perry, I just got a little shock. I would have said the 4 rear bolts were all the same but they are not.
3 are 10mm X 40mm part number 92000-10040
1 is 10mm X 45mm part number 92000-10045

Sam.
Unread 03-24-2012, 06:10 PM

Thanks Sam measuring and installing now.