FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 08-12-2013, 01:06 AM

Default Dual Carb Head.....will it fit?

Found this on evilBay....
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130966359...84.m1423.l2649

Probably a question for Sam the Man ....but anyone know if this is a straight fit to the C92 bottom end?

Thanks,
Kev.
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Before Sam weighs in, let me take a guess to see how close I am.

I'll guess that the SS125 head would technically fit the engine, but that you'd have issues mounting the resulting engine to the C92. The SS125 had a different upper engine mount, unless you planned to carry that over from the C92. I'll guess that the dual carbs would interfere with the C92 body/frame, unless you planned on skipping the air filter.
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:57 PM

Thanks BTL......sounds like more effort than its worth really .....especially as its not being given away

Kev.
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:45 PM

I have seen SS125 bits on C92/95s but don't know if there are any draw backs.
Here's one for sale that I might bid on as I will be in the area that its being sold next week. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-C92-...#ht_459wt_1172

As you can see, the top mount is different but the stud spacing is the same, so the 92/95 top mount should fit. The only problem that might arise is....if you look at the top face on the twin carb head, you'll see a seventh hole between the two right hand stud holes. What is this...is it the oil feed to the right hand end of the cam and does the passage to it travel through the top cover ???

In respect of will the twin carb head fit into our Benly frames...I doubt it as the carbs would foul the frame.

Sam.
Unread 08-22-2013, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegeKev View Post
Thanks BTL......sounds like more effort than its worth really .....especially as its not being given away

Kev.
More importantly, that 'pitting in the chambers' look more like 'metal chunks lightly caressing the chamber' to me.