FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 01-06-2013, 02:21 AM

Default Where is jetblackchemist?

All his posts say "done" and I can't pm, what the heck. I always liked reading his posts ans iterations
Unread 01-06-2013, 04:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott12544 View Post
All his posts say "done" and I can't pm, what the heck. I always liked reading his posts ans iterations
Yeah, I noticed that, too. The member list shows his last visit was 11-09-2012. I don't know why his posts all say "done", but you're right, they do. Looking at the time stamps of his old posts, it looks as if he spent a few hours on November 9-10 editing every single post to read 'done'.

Hope he's ok.

His YouTube account is 'jetblackchemistry'. I tried to send him a message on YouTube, but the response is "User jetblackchemistry has enabled contact lock. You will not be able to send messages to them unless they add you as a contact."

Last edited by ByTheLake; 01-06-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Unread 01-06-2013, 05:17 AM

Sorry, folks, I think I pissed him off. I went against some of his advice that I thought was incorrect or maybe dangerious. So the last poke was how he was a mechanical and an electrical engineer who retired early. That's all I know.
Unread 01-06-2013, 05:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

I hope that's all it was, Spokes. Thanks for the insight. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Haha I'm sure he's fine. I found him working on a whole different bike build on another forum. He's playing around with some old Kawi rat bike (er... custom bobber?). I leave the forum open so that people can delete or edit old material they posted so he was able to go back and delete all his posts. It's a shame we lost his pictures and dialogue but it's a small price to pay for everyone's freedom and control over their own content here. I've had problems on other forums that put a timer on how long you have to edit or delete your posts! So it you ever wanted to edit anything you totally lost all control over your "property" that you posted. This is why I have my own forum for everyone here. Now Spokes you play nice now.
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:57 AM

OK. I will be nice. Hey, I'm always nice!
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:30 PM

Smithers I understand why you leave it open to edit and I think it is good of you to do so, but I am bummed the forum lost the discussions. I would have never switched my bike to 12v with out his post.....taking a moment of silence (taps playing in the background).....
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:55 AM

I agree JB was good contributor and I 've missed his posts too. I'd agree too that NONE of us are perfect in our knowledge (of anything) regarding our old bikes, so we should remain open minded. But if he choose to leave the group, that was his choice, but I'd welcome him here anytime.
Unread 01-10-2013, 12:03 AM

Hi everyone. JBC told me to perform a very questionable procedure on my key switch. Spokes advised against it and JBC got mad. Thank you Spokes for saving me from ruining my switch and for rebuilding it into better than new condition for me.
Steve
Unread 01-11-2013, 02:43 AM

It's not possible to please everyone all of the time and that's one of the reasons I keep my mouth shut when it comes to ELECTRICS.
Apart from ELECTRICS, I thought I knew all there was to know about our Benlys but I have learned quite a lot from mixing with you lot tother side of the big pond.
It's a shame we lost him but Hey ho.

Sam.
Unread 01-14-2013, 04:29 PM

It's really too bad he's gone. Life has kicked me in the ass over the past few months so I haven't been posting but I really enjoyed some of his creative solutions. His headlight mod was genius and it works great on my Benly and on the '62 Dream my brother is working on right now. Too bad he decided to be done here.
Unread 01-14-2013, 05:24 PM

I was hesitating to chime in again about the JBC. It's a shame to punish the whole forum by deleting your posts, just because someone challenged your imput. No one knows it all and clean debate is healthy. (I thought) But if you wanna take your ball and go home...