FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 05-23-2010, 07:06 AM

Default Kick starter

Hi, Well I got a throttle now I took the kick starter out . It would not engage and spring would not return it. The spring has a bad end . When I pulled the shaft out the gear fell down . I can see it but how do I fix it??
Unread 05-23-2010, 07:35 AM

The spring should be coiled around the shaft with one end located in a hole in the crank case wall, the other over a tang on the shaft.
If you have the crankcases split and have removed the shaft altogether, are you refering to the small spring that controls the small pawl that engages the kick start gear. Do you not have a workshop manual?

Sam.
Unread 05-23-2010, 09:01 AM

Yes you need a manual. I have a CA95 (1965) complete upper and lower case assembled with a good crankshaft, transmission ans kickstart assy on ebay right now at a low starting bid. The price of my assembled unit will be less than buying the parts that you need. The assembly has been cleaned absolutly pristene and lubricated. The case has been painted with heat and fuel resistant paint and is fully cured.There are a couple of new seals as well.

Just in case you get bogged down.

ebay id is kybd06
Unread 05-23-2010, 09:22 AM

Default no manual were can I get the right one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Green View Post
The spring should be coiled around the shaft with one end located in a hole in the crank case wall, the other over a tang on the shaft.
If you have the crankcases split and have removed the shaft altogether, are you refering to the small spring that controls the small pawl that engages the kick start gear. Do you not have a workshop manual?

Sam.
Hi No manual
Unread 05-23-2010, 09:39 AM

Maybe this will help.

Unread 05-24-2010, 07:05 AM

Dad, the two springs can be seen in the pics posted by Chip.
The main spring numbered 18 fits over the shaft numbered 17.( first picture)
The part of the spring going upwards goes through a hole above the shaft in the upper crank case.(not shown) the other end snags round the tang to the right of the figure 17.
In picture number 2 you can see the other spring, it is attached to the side of the part numbered 16. The rod numbered 4 is pointing towards it in the pic.

Sam.