FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 07-11-2012, 06:07 PM

Default Another dreaded carb thread >>>

Keihin Carb; CA95, square bowl.
While waiting for engine seals (shipper sent mine to someone else and their weird seals to me); I decided to jump into the carb. I have the KH-0042 kit which, in bold letters states for CA95 (elsewhere someone stated this was for a C95), but this box is clearly labeled for the CA95. The main jet is is #92 and the slow jet is #35. Hope this is o.k.

Got all the jets changed out, and float adjusted per Smithers.

Smithers said to back out the air adjustment screw (angled upwards, next to the horizontal throttle stop screw) 1-1/4 turns. Done.

What about the initial adjustment on the throttle stop screw?

The hyper velocity jet screw above the air intake is a 95 and open to the unfiltered world. Is that o.k.?

Lastly: Everyone talks about the long needle jet for adjusting lean and rich mixtures. I don't understand how to adjust it up or down and where should it be set for an initial startup?

Thanks folks......and I really appreciate everything. "Hope" to have my CA95 up and running (thanks to Spokes for his advice) as soon as I receive the correct seals.

Last edited by 1911tex; 07-11-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Unread 07-11-2012, 07:39 PM

I believe stock position is the middle notch, from there depending on if you have an issue of running lean or rich you can adjust it further...as in up a notch(lowers the needle) leaning the mixture, down a notch(raises the needle) which enriches the mixture.

The throttle stop screw(for idle) should be adjusted when it's running. But to start a few turns in to raise the slide a bit helps to keep it from starting and then shutting off as soon as it fires. Once it is running ok then it's a good time to adjust it where you want it to idle.

I adjusted my idle super low when playing with adjustments one day last month; where it would cut out, and then pop itself back over when finishing the stroke. It was pretty neat to have it dialed in that low to where it was bump starting itself.

The open jet above the filter is fine every once in awhile a pipe cleaner does the trick to keep it open and happy.
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:40 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I believe stock position is the middle notch, from there depending on if you have an issue of running lean or rich you can adjust it further...as in up a notch(lowers the needle) leaning the mixture, down a notch(raises the needle) which enriches the mixture.

The throttle stop screw(for idle) should be adjusted when it's running. But to start a few turns in to raise the slide a bit helps to keep it from starting and then shutting off as soon as it fires. Once it is running ok then it's a good time to adjust it where you want it to idle.

I adjusted my idle super low when playing with adjustments one day last month; where it would cut out, and then pop itself back over when finishing the stroke. It was pretty neat to have it dialed in that low to where it was bump starting itself.

The open jet above the filter is fine every once in awhile a pipe cleaner does the trick to keep it open and happy.