FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 09-22-2014, 08:23 AM

Default Thanks to all here- Sold my CA95!

I finally sold my '65 CA95 that was nearly complete, less paint- thanks to all the help and rare parts needed from this forum. What a bunch of cool guys and girls. I was asking $800.00 and sold it for $700.00. That's what a nearly complete CA95 sells for in Jamestown, NC.
I work for Honda and will be buying a 2014 Honda CRF250L (dual sport) with part of this money. Seems we get dealer pricing with free shipping to the dealer of my choice- they even pay to have the bike assembled from the crate! Nearly a thousand bucks savings on a $4999.00 retail bike.
Again thanks to all here. Keep up the good work!
Unread 09-23-2014, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik S View Post
I finally sold my '65 CA95 that was nearly complete, less paint- thanks to all the help and rare parts needed from this forum. What a bunch of cool guys and girls. I was asking $800.00 and sold it for $700.00. That's what a nearly complete CA95 sells for in Jamestown, NC.
I work for Honda and will be buying a 2014 Honda CRF250L (dual sport) with part of this money. Seems we get dealer pricing with free shipping to the dealer of my choice- they even pay to have the bike assembled from the crate! Nearly a thousand bucks savings on a $4999.00 retail bike.
Again thanks to all here. Keep up the good work!
Ride safe on the new bike Erik, sorry to loose you.

Sam.
Unread 02-01-2015, 06:33 PM

I'm the lucky guy that bought Erik's Benly, it's looking good but burning oil so bad the plugs only last about 20 minutes until they're so fouled it stops running
Unread 02-01-2015, 07:47 PM

Some of Erik's last posts while on this Forum mention that his bike (yours now) was running rich and he had taken apart the carb...
Unread 02-02-2015, 09:36 AM

I read his posts but it's not the carb, it's burning oil. Needs a ring job at least, pistons etc at most
Unread 02-02-2015, 09:36 AM

The compression is at 100 lbs. Should be 130
Unread 02-03-2015, 02:19 PM

Ouch, I didn't check the cylinders or rings. When I got it running it ran death rich, as if pouring gas into the intake. The carb was cleaned and checked at least five times. Maybe a crack in the carb? Did you fit the Mikuni carb? I did split the cases to replace the kickstart pawl. Maybe the cam chain is off a tooth? I don't remember checking the coil. Racking my brain. Good luck on that cool old Honda. This group is really very helpful.
The new Honda is nice. An old one is even nicer.
Unread 02-03-2015, 04:42 PM

The carb is ok now and i replaced the coil, the compreesion test and the plugs fouling so fast shows it needs at the least rings and pistons. I found those online reasonable.
I'm trying to find someone local to do that job for me.
I'll post a picture soon.
Unread 02-03-2015, 07:48 PM

You can do no wrong engaging a gentleman in Georgia, not too far, who will whip this old bike into a weekend warrior.

These old bikes will only gain value, as the saying goes, "they don't make them anymore". I helped a buddy sell a '73 Yamaha RD350 semi-complete barn find for $400 using that maxim. That dang '73 Kawasaki rolling basketcase enduro bike in his barn might be an exception... no cachet. It'll sit for 40 more years just waiting for a new chance.