FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Truck Talk > LEXUS 1UZ-FE Engine Swap

LEXUS 1UZ-FE Engine Swap My blood sweat and tears. It will be worth it!!

Unread 05-30-2004, 09:45 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I found this funny video with Ironman and Mario Andretti. Take a look for yourself: IRONMAN Magnaflow Commercial

The MagnaFlow website keeps changing their video player so the link now works. Also they did a "behind the scenes" video of the making of one of their commercials. It shows a tiny bit of off-road action but still, not enough Iron Man Stewert: Ironman, Boyde, Mario commercial production.

CHeck it.

Also here is the link to the Magna Flow videos page. They have all sorts of video of commercials and tv shows featuring their products - MagnaFlow Video Page
Unread 05-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Admin

At the Long Beach GP this year of 2007 we got VIP tickets for access anywhere we wanted and free beer, no joke. You know your seats to watch the race are good when you can stretch out and take a nap cause you have so much room. Also Ironman Stewert's family was sitting right in front of us. He came to visit them for a while and it was hard not to ask him some questions about his old Toyota Baja 1000 truck... Toyota was running the 1UZ-FE in that exact truck!!! I just shut my mouth and let him be. I'm sure he really never cared too much about how the truck was built. He was too busy winning.
Unread 03-14-2009, 05:14 AM
Admin

Heck, I might as well continue on with the subject of my exhaust system on my 1UZ Lexus engine swap into my Tacoma. Well to start off with I thought I would shed some light on the basics of header design with an informative link or two. Everyone can always learn a little more about header and exhaust design: http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...ics/index.html

I'll also be using the Innovate Motorsports Wideband o2 system to monitor my fuel mixture in conjunction with the Adaptronic standalone system I have. Here is their website: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/
Unread 03-18-2009, 06:09 AM
Admin

A little more header tech for you guys. My engine is a 4.0L that has had the heads ported and polished. The valves have been done as well. My friend who did the head work has told me that I need as much flow as I can get without going over 3". Well 3" is a little overkill for such a small displacement and I'm not building a dragster so 2.5" will be awesome. I'm am very happy for the Ebay stainless headers I got for $140 shipped. They are amazingly sturdy and well built for such a price. I wasn't about to spend 700+ on new headers that I would have to modify to make fit my Tacoma. The best performing option would have been to have my friends at Lemons Headers here in Paso Robles build me a set of equal length custom headers. They would have been happy to do it but I just can't come up with the money for that at the moment. Too many projects going on as you can see by reading around in this forum!!

Here is a look at my headers after me and a friend cut them at the collector to expand the diameter from 2.25" (stock Tundra/ Sequoia) to 2.5" with regular style flanges.

Before:

The Fitting Process:

All Done, thank goodness:
Unread 03-18-2009, 06:32 AM
Admin

Here are a few more pictures to highlight this header issue in regards to my 1UZ-FE + Tacoma application.

Chop Chop:

Weld Weld:
Unread 03-18-2009, 06:33 AM
Admin

Mocking up the bends:

And playing around with the idea of using a 3" system: