FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Car Chat > Any other car talk

Any other car talk Whateva goes

Unread 02-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default I Miss My Chrysler Conquest Tsi

I had a FLAWLESS burgundy Conquest TSI and I traded it for a friends 4wd truck. My buddy then flew off a sweeping curve, sliced a telephone pole in half and then spun a couple times after hitting a HUGE tree trunk. He took out the power and cable for everyone for miles and it was on fire!! He broke the RIMS off of the axle hubs in the rear. I wouldn't have sold it to him if I knew the fate of that car. I MISS THAT THING SO MUCH. IT WAS PERFECT and so fast. :`(
Unread 07-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Damn I thought I had posted a couple of pictures of my old car. Well I'll try and remember to do this really soon. But for now here's the best Youtube video I can find of my old Chrysler Conquest car. It wasn't a drag race type car but wow the cruising speed of this thing was insane. It would cruise 100mph at low rpms and in overdrive it would kick it up to 165. I did this a couple of times on the way out to Las Vegas. I would consider the Conquest or Starion a touring type of car. Just FYI never buy one with the manual transmission. The transmission they put behind them totally sucks. I drove one and it would limit the car to 115 mph. It seriously was like a truck transmission. The auto is a strong one (it took my abuse when I was in my teens) and the overdrive lets it really haul ass up to 150+. On the freeway you would just take off the OD button and it would drop down a gear and you could smoke your friends. I had a buddy who had a Chrysler Daytona turbo and I would KILL him on the freeway side by side. One a dead start he would pull me by a nose on the launch by dropping his clutch but then I would just proceed to pull away. Awesome car.

Youtube link of a great Chrysler Conquest / Starion video collage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3sG...ure=grec_index