FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Car Chat > Any other car talk

Any other car talk Whateva goes

Unread 10-19-2011, 11:57 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV Race Weekend

I had the chance to go attend the Porsche Rennsport IV event this past weekend. Let's just say that I was just slightly impressed by the variety of Porsche race cars on display. And they didn't just display them. The ran most of them throughout the weekend. It was a pretty amazing sight to see so many famous race cars from the past out on the track. I knew it was going to be a good weekend when I was passed by a Porsche 959 driving towards me as soon as I entered the track perimeter. Amazing. I've never even SEEN one of the 959's in person let alone DRIVING down the road! These cars are usually behind glass doors and windows or very well protected in private garages. But this weekend Porsche had them out and about and unprotected. I'm glad the weather was so good because this event was amazing and it only happens once every 4 years!

I'll just post some links below that show what the event was all about and some other information that I found interesting. Pictures will also be coming soon.

Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV official information from the Laguna Seca Raceway website.

Unread 10-20-2011, 12:10 AM
Admin

FIRST off you need to watch the Porsche video they made of the Rennsport Reunion family photo shoot in which they assembled all the cars together on the Laguna Seca Racetrack.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Autoweek had some good photography from the weekend. Click on "Related Articles" on the page for more. Some other Porsche classic pictures here.

Jerry Seinfeld participated in the event by bringing a few cars from his collection including the first production 911 (1964) and the last production air cooled 911 (a 1998 Porsche 993).

And of course Wikipedia has lots of info on all the Porsche cars and their history. It's a great "go-to" website for reference material for all the different cars. It's no that easy to remember all the model numbers of these cars!

Last edited by Smithers; 10-20-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Unread 10-20-2011, 12:42 AM
Admin

An Official Porsche video (pro production) and some videos I took (amateur quality : ).

All the Porsche cars being driven out to the race track for a group photo.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...&vq=large#t=11

I uploaded a video I took of some close racing action. Looks like a last minute decision to overtake into turn 10!
I AGREE

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...&vq=large#t=22

And here is a 956 flexing it's turbo charged engine muscle past a Porsche RS Spyder into turn 10 as well.
I AGREE

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...vq=medium#t=11

Last edited by Smithers; 10-20-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Unread 12-03-2011, 09:09 PM

This pic will kill ya...

One of my first early project. "Spokes" 1957 Porche Speedster. Taken in the summer of 1971. I was 19. I found this car in a field and paid $75 for it. I put in a VW engine fixed the floor pan and sold it for $275...thinking I made a killing.

Unread 12-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Admin

Oh that's a good looker there. Well you bought low and sold high! Nothing wrong with that.