FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff

Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff Other motorcycle related stuff and some pictures.

Unread 11-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Post What did we bike guys do before the internet?

I remember when I was young my dad really prided himself in being able to find vintage Honda parts for his projects. I mean it was a REAL chore to find the contact info and phone numbers of people who had vintage Honda parts in their inventories. And he and a couple friends would travel to a motorcycle swap meet here and there to try and find what they needed. I remember one time he came home with a set of original air cleaners and pristine speedometer/tach for a Triumph he was restoring. They might as well have been solid gold. I remember just giving up trying to find a certain engine part for my '63 CB72. There was just no way I could really find one besides making a ton of long distance calls.

Now even though the parts are more rare it seems that you can find them within an a few minutes on the internet. Not to mention all the information that has come to surface in terms of restoration and rebuilding these and other machines. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

One of the more interesting websites I have come across is here: http://www.knucklebusterinc.com/. I dont' know how I have neglected to notice this website before. Maybe they just redesigned it but it was there all along? This is how I just found out about the site - a story and pictures recently posted by them has caught lots of attention from other websites and was eventually emailed to me from a friend. Here is the 1930 Art Deco Henderson motorcycle that they featured: http://www.knucklebusterinc.com/feat...eco-henderson/

Also another great website to check in on at least once a week is Bike Exif. Exif being a name for a specific image file format with origins in Japan by the way. It's just a term relating to digital photography and used in the name of the blog/site. They do a great job showing off bikes that you might not otherwise ever see. And by reading through some of Knucklebustersinc.com it seems there are a lot articles of fabrication techniques that most people might not ever come across these days.... kinda like the old vintage motorcycles parts I would never have come across if it weren't for the World Wide Web.