FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Website News & Updates > Events & Happenings

Unread 07-02-2012, 12:48 PM

Default AMA Vintagefest at Mid-Ohio

The AMA Vintage Motorcycle days is almost upon us , July 20-22 .
They boast of the largest vintage bike/ parts swap meet , a variety of vintage bike gatherings and vintage bike racing for 3 days . If you plan on attending we'll have several bikes at the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club display area and also at Spikes Vintage Bikes area in the swap meet area . Stop and say hello ! Roger

Last edited by kartgreen; 07-03-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Unread 08-09-2012, 05:22 AM

Hey Kart,
How about an update on Vintage days for those who didn't make it.
Unread 08-13-2012, 03:31 PM

AMA Vintagefest ! , as usual I took NO photo's . Forgot and left the camera sitting on the desk . Weather started out a little iffy as it rained ( gushed ) thursday as many of the swap meet guys were rolling in to set-up .Things were muddy Thursday and Friday but dried out for Sat. & Sunday . Friday seemed to start slowly as far as people entering Mid-Ohio but picked up nicely later Friday afternoon and the rest of the weekend .
Bikes ! , what can I say but just about every brand and model of bike was there . Saw a lot of bargins at the swapmeet but bike prices seemed to climbing higher even for the rat bikes . Cafe Racer TV may have something to do with that .
The Vintage Japanesse Motorcycle Club area wasn't the best . Stuck them buy the food vendor area . Guess what , all the parking for VJMC was being used as parking for everyone's bikes to get food . I do hope everyone at the VJMC area had a good time ,just wasn't for me .
3 days of vintage bike racing is just plain fun ! You hear the exhaust roar and just have to go see what the heck is making that sound .
Cafe Racer Magazine had a bigger presence this year actually taking a lot of the infield space that many of the clubs used last year . Liked it better last year .
Finally the bikes were amazing to see from rat rod bikes to cafe to racer to original to fully restored . There was something for everyone to drool over .
I did make a connection with a fellow Honda buff that has a friend that has a brand new GB 500 ( this was Hondas attempt at a cafe bike in the late 80's ) still in the crate ,never been out , never titled and yes I've been in contact with the owner . He's going to e-mail some photos and documentation and if all goes well the wife and I will be taking a road trip to inspect and possibly purchase the bike .
The best thing I can say is ' You have to go if you've never been there before . 3 days of just looking at a lot of great stuff or as my wife says
" where's the quilt shop ?' "
Unread 08-14-2012, 05:16 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

That seems like a bigger event than most. I wish I could have attended just to witness the racing sounds and see 'em go.The GB bikes are cool. I see em every now and then on the road. It's good to know that most of them were scooped up by collectors and Honda guys so they are in good hands. Great bikes.