FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Kawasaki Triple H1 and H2

Unread 10-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Kawasaki H1 500cc Pictures

Oh how I love the sound of the Kawasaki triples. They are some of the most unique and ass kicking motorcycles out there. Well at least the engines were bada$$. Here are some pictures I would like to post in honor of such an awesome engine.

Nope not a 500 but a 400cc!

Brown was HOT back then.

Unread 10-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Admin

And how about some streetfighter style Kawasaki.

Unread 04-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Admin

This article just popped up showing off a guys 500cc triple that he made a frame for. The suspension is from a ZX-9 and he was very smart to gear the bike for acceleration and a decent 120mph top speed. The shocker is that it weighs just 310lbs. Now that would be a fun bike to try out. Have a look at Jays 500 - why do they call it the XJ500T? You got me on that one...

Unread 05-19-2009, 10:21 PM

Xperimental Jaybuilt 500 CC Triple. thanks all jay
Unread 05-20-2009, 06:09 AM
Admin

Thanks for setting me straight on that one Jay. I was wondering about that as I was sure it stood for something. For more detailed pictures people can cruise over to the South Bay Riders forum as there are more pictures sprinkled throughout his thread. There are some good shots showing off the routing of the exhaust before everything was painted. There are a few hours into building those expansion chambers for sure!
Unread 05-20-2009, 11:29 PM

Unread 05-20-2009, 11:31 PM

some of my fav pict
Unread 05-20-2009, 11:42 PM

them some nice trip,s down below guys some real nice trips!
THE MOTOR IS A 500 cc KAWASAKI TRIPLE .THE FRONT AND REAR ARE ZX9 AND THE REST IS JAYBUILT .THE FRAME IS 1.250 MOLY THIN WALL AND WITH THE ALUM MOTOR /SWINGARM CONECTOR ATTACHED IT WEIGHTS 22 POUNDS. THE BIKE AS IT SITS IS 310POUNDS . ONE THING THAT WAS IMPORTANT WAS THAT IT HAS A VARY LOW PART COUNT .I BUILT A MOTOR STAND THAT HOLDS THE ENGINE WITH 1 BOLT AND SLIDES UNDER THE BIKE YOU REMOVE THE 2 BOLTS FROM TANK ,THE FUEL LINE ,THE CHAIN, 4 MOTOR BOLTS, THE EXAUST BOLTS ,SLIDE THROTLE AND CLUTCH OFF UNPLUG HARNESS AND PULL BIKE AWAY IT TAKES ABOUT 30 MIN TO SWAP THE ENGINE FROM A 500 TO A750 OR WHATEVER. THE MOTOR STAND ALSO CAN HOLD ALL THE IGN COMPONENTS SO YOU CAN RUN THE ENGINE ON THE STAND . YOU CAN DO A COMPLEET REBUILD ON THE STAND AS WELL.THE BIKE CAN BE COMPLEETLY APART IN 1 HR AND THEIR IS MABY 20 BOLTS TOTAL .I USE A GOKART FUEL PUMP that WORKS OFF IMPULCE FROM CRANK CASE. I HAVE A FUEL SPONGE IN TANK SO IT DOSENT SLOSH .THE THING IS ABOUT AS EASY TO RIDE FAST AS YOU CAN IMAGIN. YOU FEAL TOTALY IN CONTROL .IT JUST DOES WHAT YOU WANT IT TOO .
Unread 05-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Admin

That thing is killer! I can't wait to see the video that comes about of this beast in action. It just needs a VIN #

I like the assemblies for shifting and the foot pegs. A close up picture of that is in order! The details are important. The exhaust/ muffler mounts are also a great idea instead of wasting time trying to strap them all.

This is getting me pretty amped up to build my 500 triple powered Aprilia chassis.... I can only do one project at a time or else I would have already started.
Unread 05-21-2009, 10:38 PM

How do you get gas into that XJ500T?
Unread 05-22-2009, 02:33 PM

some cont picts
Unread 05-25-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
That thing is killer! I can't wait to see the video that comes about of this beast in action. It just needs a VIN #

I like the assemblies for shifting and the foot pegs. A close up picture of that is in order! The details are important. The exhaust/ muffler mounts are also a great idea instead of wasting time trying to strap them all.

This is getting me pretty amped up to build my 500 triple powered Aprilia chassis.... I can only do one project at a time or else I would have already started.
that is going to be a great build.
Unread 07-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Admin

Here's a good update.. a slow camera glance over a pristine 1969 H1 Mach III Kawasaki on Youtube. Thanks to Steve (editor, Clymer Repair Manuals) for sharing this with us.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Sad to hear the news about the previous owner Gary who recently passed on.
Unread 07-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Admin

Also to show off that particular 1969 model Mach III I took a picture of the first issue of Retro Motorcyclist (or Motorcyclist Retro) to post up here. What a hot issue to kick off the new magazine. A Honda CB750 and a Mach III on the cover? You HAD to grab one when they were available.

Unread 02-19-2010, 12:02 AM