FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff

Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff Other motorcycle related stuff and some pictures.

Unread 08-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

My textile APrilia jacket has been through some years of use and it's time to upgrade to something more sexy to match the Aprilia Mille. One of my favorite riding gear brands is Dianese. They just seem to put more effort into their apparel technology than the other brands. There are TONS of good jackets out there so I'm not just stuck on Dianese at all. I've tried on basically all of their jackets and even some jackets that will be coming out for 2010. One of the jackets that I would really like to own is the D brand Jet Pack jacket. It's just a jacket that is very protective and made with a lot of the special Dianese D-Stone fabric all over it as well as leather. This thing is made to flow some serious air but still provides a ton of protection. I missed one of these on Ebay for a really low price and it bugs me still. Someday I'll have one, or a model of jacket equivalent.

The D-Stone fabric that you see inbetween the leather is super abrasive resistant but flows a ton of air. The way it works is that the microfibers actually heat up with abrasion and harden up solid and it won't rip either. I've seen examples of this fabric from actual accident victims. It's simply amazing to see how well the stuff holds up. You can Google it to see for yourself. I'm convinced.

Unread 08-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Admin

Here is the jacket I'm going to probably go and buy today. Advertised on Craigslist for cheap. Yeah nice, It's like new! **update: well the jacket is a size too large and the owner actually bought the same jacket smaller and in black too. He wouldn't sell me his smaller jacket so I am empty handed. It was such a nice jacket too! <_< **

Unread 08-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Admin

Ok here are the next two contestants... Still deciding and these two are available.

The Dainese Santa Monica in red perforated: (sells for $700+ new and on Ebay they sell very high when they appear for sale)

And the very nice and American Made Vanson Hurricane perforated: (These sell for $800+ and on Ebay the Vansons sell for $400 and up in good condition!)

WANT MORE PICTURES OF THE VANSON HURRICANE JACKET? If you are really looking for the best detailed pictures of the Vanson Challenger jacket your in luck. I was able to find these on the New Enough website. Now they DON'T sell Vanson but they might have at one time so that is why I was able to snoop around and find these on their site. h34r:

Near Enough Motorcycle Apparel Store - Vanson Leather

I'm having one hell of a time making this decision... The Santa Monica is a dream jacket basically and hard to find a used one cause not many people buy them in the first place. The Vansons are basically the best classic looking jackets you can get. The perforated model you see above is not a good one to get caught in the rain though so that's a major downside. Not that it rains too much in California but I'm looking for a jacket to travel in up north so the summer style Vanson probably isn't a good choice. But it looks good enough to wear to dinner. If I got a really good deal I would buy one for maybe $300 to have as a hot weather jacket since people say they breathe very well. I did miss one for sale on a forum for that price too. If it was in front of me and I could try it on I would have bought it but I haven't tried on a Vanson jacket in a long time. I need to go try them on a dealer to figure out my sizing before I drop a few hundred on a jacket.
Unread 09-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Admin

Well I got lucky! Really lucky. I walked into a local motorcycle store and there was a lone Dianese Zen jacket hanging on the wall. I thought it was strange to see that brand in this particular shop so I walked over and checked it out instantly. Upon asking the shop owner what it was doing there I learned that it was a friends jacket that was being offered for sale as used. I tried it on and the Euro size 52 fit perfect. The only problem was that it didn't have the liner inside of it. It didn't have a tag so he called his friend and I threw out an offer that was low for the condition that it was in. The owner said he would bring in the liner for me the next day so I told him that I would be very happy to have it and I would bring an additional $30 to my offer to make a deal. Talk about good timing! :lol:

Unread 09-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Admin

I'm convinced this is one of the best deals for a jacket that there is. It's not too outrageous of a retail price when you consider the inner liner which is full length down the arms, the pockets, the perfect stitching, how thick the leather is, the armor inside it and the high quality zippers. This thing is nice. Here are a couple pictures of the inside with and without the removable liner.

Unread 09-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Admin

I was all too lucky to find one that was a new model and hardly used. It was nice of the original owner to break it in for me. :P The ONLY thing I could want more of is some more reflective material. It would be nice if it was more visible in the night. Most of the other Dainese jackets have more reflective stuff on them which is really bright to headlights. Oh well I'll get over it. I've used this a few times already and it is a dream of a jacket. It's nice to have a tight fitting jacket that doesn't move around or flap in the wind. The 52 fits me just perfect without the liner but with the liner inside of it I can still put it on and move around enough to ride. I guess when it gets cold enough to put the liner in I'll really be warm and tight inside this thing! I don't have much weight to lose either so I'm stuck with it. This is the main reason behind the low bid I made for the Zen jacket. Even without the liner it's easily worth a couple hundred bucks in good condition.

The Dianese Zen is the best jacket I've ridden in and I'll be using this thing for a long long time. I will still be contemplating calling the owner of the used Dianese Santa Monica jacket as he offered to sell it to me for half the cost of a new one. I can't see myself ever buying a jacket for $700 + tax but half price for such an item is very attractive. I'll report back with pics if I go pick it up. In the meantime I have found a deal I can't resist on a Shark RS1 helmet!
Unread 09-12-2008, 09:09 PM

I just picked up the Dainese Horizon jacket about a week ago... already put a little wear and tear into one of the titanium shoulder pads. I'll throw some pics up here soon. From what Dainese says, you can return the jackets for repairs, so hopefully they aren't on vacation for the season!!!
Unread 12-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Admin

Yo D I haven't seen any pictures yet? RU going to make good on that or what? Out for repair? :-)

Ok a couple months later - I'll post 'em for you... pictures of the Dianese Horizon jacket in size 52:

Unread 12-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Admin

Ok if you want to see an incredible deal I just picked this Aprilia Techno jacket up from AF1.com for $200 !! They are blowing out some inventory and they have some still for sale I think. Anyway I emailed them and they kindly sent me back some pictures of the inside and the back without delay. I couldn't resist such a nice jacket. I hate to sound like a salesman but being black and with such small logos on the merchandise this thing can be worn with any bike and it looks kinda classy compared to the rest of the stunt riding gear that's out there. The one thing that attracted me was the lack of perforation in the leather. I can wear this sucker out in the cold without the liner and be perfectly warm. Plus it has 3 vents on each side for when things get hot. I LOVE THIS JACKET.

I'm not even holding my breath in.

I recommend that anyone who is looking for a deal on a high-end type leather jacket go get one if they have any left! Brand new $200. Save those pennies, don't spend $400 + for a new jacket. That's crazy.
Unread 09-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Admin

So shopping around for motorcycle gear is always fun and I have a friend who has an Icon Ti jacket that he has always bragged about. I thought it was a kinda strange looking jacket when I first saw it but it wore on me. I ended up really liking it but they made them like 3 years ago and have totally switched up the styling on them. The new ones are probably just as good but the older ones are so much better looking to me. So I've been looking around on Ebay and forums here and there hoping to find one. Six months later I finally found one about 30 miles from me too. I was afraid the guy selling it wasn't going to be my size but the jacket was right on in size. I lucked out.

I never bought a mesh style summer jacket. I just am not too confident in the mesh gear at all. If the temp goes up I would break out my Dianese ZEN perforated jacket since it flows air pretty well. The problem is that when you stop you pay the price for wearing leather. And since riding motorcycles is all about stopping for lunch and telling wild stories to your fellow riders, stopping every once in a while is inevitable. So my leather jackets are just too toasty and my Aprilia textile jacket is so big that when I take the liner out of it the edges flap in the wind when I ride. This Icon is the answer to my hot weather jacket dilemma. This thing really flow the air very well and has top of the line protection although I wish the shoulders has actual shoulder pads in them. For the elbows and shoulders Icon just slapped on much more material which is great for abrasion resistance but not so great for impacts. But my friend that has one did get thrown of his sport bike at high speed and didn't get a scratch or injury as he was protected very well by his Icon TiMax jacket. He still wears it and you can hardly tell the jacket was throw down on the road. In fact, the person I bought my jacket from admitted to going down once in it after I told him about how well my friends Icon Ti jacket saved him. These jackets are really really tough.

Unread 09-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Admin

Here is one of the best looking backsides of any motorcycle jacket: