FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Website News & Updates > Additional Projects Area

Unread 06-19-2013, 06:39 PM

Default Spokes New Long Term Project

I was given a barn find CA77. A friend is headed my way on vacation in his new truck and offered to pick it up. I have no idea of the year or shape, but I expect a real rough bike. I am going to build this one for myself. It may take a year.

July 1 or 2 My next restoration project begins
Unread 06-21-2013, 04:06 PM

Chip , good luck to you . Knowing you it will be a real looker . You gonna make it to your relatives in Ohio any time soon ?
Unread 06-22-2013, 07:12 AM

Thanks Kartgreen, No trip planned up north this year. I'm getting wiser in my old age. I just sent the ones I care for round trip plane tickets to enjoy S.E. Georgia with me.
Unread 06-24-2013, 05:44 AM

Nice...
Unread 06-25-2013, 07:21 AM

Smile

Chip , know what you mean , but if I sent our family members plane tickets I'd have to charter a plane ! So, we're headed to California for 3 weeks to arrive back just in time for the Vintage fest at Mid-Ohio .
And yes , Smithers < I'll take my camera !
Unread 07-01-2013, 06:47 PM

Regrets. The bike I was hoping for is no more. This bike was buried deep in a barn in Indiana. The owner sais it was a 305. A friend who was on his way down to see me picked it up. Well today I received the bike. A CA95, 1964 and wasted. DOA.

No thread about this one. Unsure future. Most likely parted out.
Unread 07-02-2013, 04:18 AM

Oh Man that's a bummer.....Amazing that folks remember so many different bikes as "Dreams"....
If it's still a 305 you want I have a Superhawk project you might like...PM if you want details.
Unread 07-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I was teased in the same manner a couple years back. You all know the parts bike I have available if anyone needs random CA95 parts - the red one. The owner of a local convenient store told me he had a 305 Dream sitting under a tree leaned up against his grandpas old plow. I thought I was about to get me a nice project. Then we drove out to his property and walked out to see it. I had cash in hand but alas... I told him from far away that it was a 150. He swore it was the big bore Dream as we were standing there so I simply pointed at the engine number on the cases. Too bad, too sad. I was really sad. But hey I needed the cases to repair another engine that needed the parts so it worked out great.

Sorry Spokes ol' buddy. But look at that nice petcock and decent frame. You got a couple good parts there. :]
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:06 PM

Well, I've been thinking about this bike. For quite sometime I have been thinking about doing something creative with one of these little Honda's, but I hated to waste a classic bike with potential. So I'm going to clean the bike up and just maybe have some creative fun. Maybe a mock C92 or a little racer bike. Maybe yellow or a bright color.

It does have some good parts like the petcock,(tank is rust wasted) original bars, gas cap, speedo, ignition switch and wiring. So it's light years ahead of the Build From Scratch project, to which I started with a bare frame...
Unread 07-03-2013, 04:35 AM

Yup, I have a Cb92 tribute bike I plan to build from a my black Ca160. Cracked open an engine core the other day to start an engine build for it. Warning I am planning putting a CB160 head on it with maybe a 175 jug.
Wanna race.......??????