FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 06-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default CA95 Engine Pistons and Rings

The new piston rings are in the mail. Once here I'll be ready to rebuild the engine that is from the blue Honda 150. I got the pistons in and the definitely look nice. The cylinders will be honed out to .25 over and I'll have the engine back together in one afternoon.

I have a few other engine parts in the original Honda parts bags as well. I'll get some pics of my bag of goodies as I unwrap everything. I'll have more to post later this week when this all goes down.
Unread 06-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Admin

I'll be carefully inspecting the CA95 engine over the weekend along with painting various parts. The boring will happen next week sometime and I have already started the appropriate thread to address the whole process. Tomorrow I'll have the engine out of the bike and start off with a nice detailed cleaning. Then over the next few days I'll start taking inventory of all the factory Honda parts we have in bags and boxes here to make sure I have most everything I need. Everything is green light at this point and I have a new battery on the way as well.

A perfectly rebuilt engine, new battery and new white wall tires will all come together and really freshen up this nice little CA95 Dream. Plenty of pictures to come soon.
Unread 06-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Admin

Pics of the Honda 150 parts uncensored. It feels like your unboxing a little history when you break the original Honda seal (or lift them off in my case =) and unwrap the parts from their wax paper! So fun.