FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 05-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Ok today we just obtained out new project. This is a metallic blue (not factory) 1962 Honda CA95 that has been passed on to us by the owner who graciously held on to this bike for the last 6 years since he had offered it to me. Well the time has come! I have a black 160 and now it's time for a white one!! I think people would really get a kick out of these two matching bikes. I have a perfect little motorcycle trailer that would really display these two bikes perfectly as me and my brother-in-law take them out and ride them around San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara or where ever.

The blue is in such good condition as it is that it could easily cruise around in good form as long as I give the engine a good makeover. The engine basically needs a rebuild since one cylinder is using a little it looks like from the exhaust.

So literally a gentleman came up to me in a parking lot yesterday and gave me a tip on a Honda 305 Dream owner who wanted to sell his bike to a collector. To make a long story short I tracked down the owner and met him at his ranch today to take a look at his bike. Upon inspection of the frame and engine number I found that the bike was indeed a CA95 150! The bike is in horrible condition but the engine actually looks great! So I can pick up this bike for parts and easily have a great running CA95 with parts to boot. It's amazing how things work out sometimes.
Unread 05-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Admin

Cool I just got the pictures uploaded of how this bike looks as delivered to me. Check this blue demon out:

It's almost all original and even has the original key which is way nice. The engine needs a little work and I actually just picked up the red 150 for this reason.
Unread 05-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Admin

Basically we have the intentions of making a white Honda CA95 150cc dream. We'll put everything back to stock and strip it all down. You don't see white very much and it really stands out in traffic. Then my bro will wear his white suite around while he stunts it down the avenue.

Unread 06-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Admin

So now we are doing what is called a sympathetic restoration which is when you just do what you got to do to clean it up and get it back to good form. The frame and hardware is in great shape so once I have the engine all pimped out then the rest of the bike will just fall back into place and we'll have a great running little motorcycle. The color will remain the same since it actually looks nice and is in great shape.

I'm prepping to bore out the cylinder now as I have just removed the engine from the bike and cleaned it up quite a bit. Here are a couple shots of the machine after a wash and quick degreasing.

Unread 12-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Admin

** NEW UPDATE ** December - 2007
The Benly 150 just fired up today and runs great! The engine was completely torn down to nothing and rebuilt better than new. Here is a link to the new post about how my afternoon went starting the little bike up.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME (ok 2nd) STARTING IT UP!

Click around in my forum here and you can find everything I did to rebuild the engine and much much more. Check it out!
Unread 06-14-2008, 06:55 AM
Admin

Here she is all finished up and in her new garage. Not a very pleasing picture but it will have to do until I get some better ones.