FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Honda Dream CA160

Honda Dream CA160 The old black horse

Unread 05-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

This is a cool little bike. Mine is black with 6500 miles on it. I remember going to pick this bike up out of a barn with my dad when I was about 10 years old. The bike was and is relatively flawless and didn't need anything besides a battery. I never had papers or registered it until just last week. When I was in high school I bought a battery and fired it up out of curiosity. That was the first time it was fired up since the previous owner. It ran perfect and still does! I just had been dying to ride motorcycles recently due to the nice weather and I just thought I should fire up the old bikes to keep me busy instead of going out to buy a new one.

The Honda 160 really does scoot around quite nicely. When I hit 4th gear it cruises real comfortable at 40-45mpg. When I need to get out of the way of some traffic or when I dare to jump on the freeway to go to the outside of town it will do 60mph with a good straight flat run. It does this very happily as it seems to keep revving higher and higher. I'm not saying that this little 160cc will go over the mountains but it's a perfect around town bike that will go along on the freeway provided the wind is going your way.

I'll get some pictures up here soon.
Unread 05-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Admin

And here she is. I've been driving it almost everyday across town and back. It's basically like driving around for free since it easily gets 100mpg +. Twin cylinder single carb configuration. I drove it around for almost 2 weeks on less than a half of a tank. I bought 2 gallons of fuel and it didn't fit in the tank.

Just got some new leather gloves to match. I really need to shine it up more for this weekends cruise night. I have a few different types of metal polish I'm going to see how they work next to each other.

The electric start works perfectly and it starts right up without giving it any gas or anything. It's definitely got a loud sound to it and people turn and look to see what's coming up on them when I approach.
Unread 06-14-2008, 06:53 AM
Admin

And of course the beauty shot in the driveway.

Unread 09-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Admin

Here is a video of me hitting the open road on this little Honda "Dream" 160 although technically it's not a dream fyi. What a fun bike to ride. It's got a lot more power and much better gearing than the CA95 - Benly 150. It's amazing how these engines rev so high.

Click on the "I AGREE" to watch a short video of me on the Honda 160 cruising down the street, camera in hand:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Unread 12-03-2011, 05:44 AM

Just had to say I love this video. Hope mine runs this well.
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Admin

I got lucky with the video turning out as good as it did with me riding it down the road one handed. You have a very good chance of your engine running just as good as mine. The 160 is a great engine.

Someday when I get one of those snazzy GoPro cameras I'll get better and longer videos of my bikes. Just takes more time and money...
Unread 12-05-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
I got lucky with the video turning out as good as it did with me riding it down the road one handed. You have a very good chance of your engine running just as good as mine. The 160 is a great engine.

Someday when I get one of those snazzy GoPro cameras I'll get better and longer videos of my bikes. Just takes more time and money...
Sadly everything comes down to those two finite resources (at least for me it does)
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Admin

Yeap that's for sure. My regular digital camera bit the dust so I'm deciding which one I should buy to replace it. THEN I'll have to put money aside for the GoPro. Now if CA registration didn't go up so much it wouldn't be a problem...