FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Website News & Updates > Events & Happenings

Unread 03-14-2012, 06:25 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Vintage Motorcycle Shows

I just have been reading more and more vintage bike news and thought it would be a good idea to post more on this topic. Here is a super clean and perfect Kawasaki K100 2 stroker show winner here.

http://vintagebikeoc.com/bikeofthemonth/

I've never seen a rotary valve bike let alone seen one run. I guess they sound the same and run the same? Seeing how Kawasaki says they are really efficient maybe they don't burn as much oil?
"According to Kawasaki, the two-stroke, rotary valve KH100 B7 has a top speed of 75 mph and fuel economy of 60 mpg."
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:42 AM

Cool

The 1967 Yamaha YL2C that I just shifted (why do the British say shifted when it's sold?) that was a rotary valve two stroke, 100cc.The little pump was pretty cool and metered oil separately from the fuel flow. Because it is an engine driven pump I'd suspect that the oil consumption can easily be lower vs a premix.
Anyway once I got he bike running well it ran really well. While only a 4 speed once the rpm were up and hitting the power band the bike was a screamer, easily to 55 mph in 3rd.
The best thing about the bike was that it turned up to be GREAT trade bait and netted me a very nice 1969 CB350, so I like(d) it too,but like the CB WAY better!