FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 01-11-2017, 03:57 PM

Default Engine swap: CD175 (sloper) into CA95

I looked through this forum and couldn't find anything specifically about swapping a CD175 motor into a CA95. Has anybody tried this swap, and if so, are there any pitfalls or tips/tricks that I should be aware of before starting this project? I am assuming that the top motor mount might need to be swapped or modified. Not worried about exhaust yet, but I assume CA160 or CD175 pipes could be retrofitted. The shape of the battery will be an issue too, because of the 6 to 12 volt conversion. I'll probably have to change out the points and condenser or install an electronic ignition. The reason I am asking in the first place is that I have the chance to pick up a CL175 bottom end and complete wiring harness. I was thinking it would be cool to install a CD175 top end, so that I could have a 12-volt system and 5-speed box, but wouldn't have issues with fitting the CL's dual carbs. Thanks for your thoughts, knowledge, and opinions.

Last edited by frappy; 01-11-2017 at 04:23 PM. Reason: add'l clarification