FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 04-22-2010, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
Morning Sam, it's just Ryan. I'll get back to you asap a little later on with the goods.

I already got you Ryan, it was Chip (Mr Spokes) I was asking.

To many Mr S

Mr Sam.
Unread 04-26-2010, 05:10 AM

At the weekend, I picked up a very unusual cam.
It is one of the very early cams which conected to a distributor on the right hand side of the head.
It wasn't this that atracted me to it. The cam has a very wild profile and I am itching to get IT and all the other cams into the test rig.
It could be somthing very special or just somthing that someone has had re-profiled and it didn't work, fingers crossed.

Sam.
Unread 05-05-2010, 09:15 PM

Last night I had a play around with a few of the cams I had in the house.
Although I havn't got the rig set up to measure the timing, duration and lift, I was able to measure the differences in the rise of 3 cams. (the high point of the cam in relation to the top surface of the head.)
The CB92 Super Sport cam measured .04mm higher than its dowdy brother the C92 and the wild looking cam that I picked up last weekend measured a further .06mm. This don't tell you the lift (determined by the amount of metal on the base circle of the cam) but it gives you an idea of what is to come.
I'll be setting the full rig up next weekend when it's hoped the CA cams from Ryan and Chip will have arrived. I'm itching

Sam.
Unread 05-06-2010, 07:58 AM

So... custom cams on the way? Could use a little more power ;D
Unread 05-14-2010, 06:15 AM

Well Chips cam arrived yesterday through the volcanic ash cloud that is hanging over the UK, hope to get it measured over the weekend.

Sam.
Unread 05-15-2010, 09:00 AM

Well the CA95 cam seems to be a long dureation job with the inlet starting to open at 32* BTDC and is fully closed at 83* ABDC with a lift of 5.13mm.
The exhaust valve starts to open at 67* bbdc and is fully closed at 64* ATDC.
* read degrees. Thanks Chip, will get it back in the post on Monday.
Still waiting on Ryans early cam, I have a feeling it will be the same but with the rev counter drive.

Sam.
Unread 06-06-2010, 09:05 AM

Well all the cams dialed the same figures except the C95 cam that has much wilder figures (came out without them, will post tomorrow)
The C95 probably has more grunt lower down but the cam in the CA95 allows it to make power a little higher up the rev range. The lift was the same on all the cams.

Sam.