FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 04-03-2015, 11:26 AM

Default Return after a long hiatus

I have finally overcome some serious cardiac ailments and have the c95 almost ready for the road. Waiting for a new clutch cable and on the roAd again. Should i be using lead replacer in the fuel. I have a supplier for non alcohol gas so the lead is the only thing to consider
Unread 04-03-2015, 07:35 PM

No lead needed. Do run the rislone zinc additive (available at any auto parts store) in straight 30wt rotella diesel oil (Walmart sells a gallon super cheap)
Unread 04-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Hope you're feeling better and your condition improves boss. Yeap I agree. Just run the best fuel you want to spend money on and put some type of fuel conditioner in it to help lubricate things a bit more. Lucas makes a fuel treatment that is a stabilizer as well. I won't run any motorcycle without it. I haven't heard of any engine damage as a result of running a classic engine with the newer fuels (ethanol fuel damage is another thing!). These engines are very strong and can pull much more RPM's than most people can stand to pull the throttle.

Last edited by Smithers; 04-05-2015 at 09:45 AM.