FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 04-03-2015, 11:21 AM

Default C95 headlight

Can i replace the sealed beam light on my ca95 with the light out of a c95. The bulbs for the c95 are readly available and it seems to be a better choice than the plastic unit from Thailand?
Unread 04-03-2015, 07:27 PM

I believe they are identical. I am working on an option to use the 6-36v LED bulb off of ebay. Cut out the sealed beam bulb, then use a grommet to hold the new bulb in. The active heatsink takes up quite a bit of room. I'll post on the headlight thread when I get it worked out. If possible.

My other option is to find an auto headlight at the junk yard with an H4, cut out and glue on the adapter and use the 6v 25/25w halogen off of ebay
Unread 04-05-2015, 09:42 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I saw an LED conversion lightbulb at a friends shop the other day. It came with adapters that were in the form of removable collars around the bulb. You could use that same bulb with the adapters to fit different bulb socket types. I will be picking up a couple of these for my truck.
Unread 04-05-2015, 06:05 PM

Smithers, that's the one I have. It has different adapters. Kicker is with the adapter installed, the active heatsink is too deep and bumps the speedo. I think if it sits flush against the bulb through the grommet, it will fit. That's what I'm going to attempt to do.
Unread 04-07-2015, 06:43 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Exactly. Those pesky heat sinks are critical to their lifespan. I might be able to stop and pick one up today to play with it.