FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Tools, Electronics & Stereo Stuff > Technology & Electronics

Unread 03-27-2004, 12:37 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I've never had ONE problem with my Fosgate amps in the past years that I have been using them. I just hook them up, adjust them and they seem to run HARD for years! They have been the most reliable amps I have experienced. I have a friend with a rack of Kicker amps that he has been sending back to have refurbished. I'm sticking with Rockford Fosgate for ever. Their power stats are always underrated and their technology has always been top notch. If you read a little bit about it on their very nice website you will be convinced.
I've even called their techs to discuss the size and layout of my subwoofer enclosure when I was building it. Their engineer asked me the specs on the speakers and amps I had and once I told them the configuration I had in mind they gave me the exact measurements for the airspace and port location. You can't get better customer service than that!!
Unread 01-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Admin

Picks of the system without the beauty panels.

ANd here with the carpet installed. It's laid over a piece of board I cut out by hand to give a nice tight fit around everything while still allowing for some airflow around the amps.

These amps are 690 watts a piece running one amp per subwoofer. Oh man it hits as hard as you can take it.
Unread 01-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Admin

I'm about to start dismantling the monster system I have. The bass is overwhelming and it makes the alternator work too hard. What I want to do it build a subframe to properly support the new box I make. I plan on one 12" and two amps for it all instead of the three. I have a 1 farad cap and I'm not sure what config I want to run the EQ's. I might upgrade to a new Fosgate unit that controls it all. It's really hard not to buy one of those new Fosgate amps!
Unread 01-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Admin

So I pulled the trigger when I saw a deal I could not pass up on Ebay. I scored a new 4 channel amp that will throw down 100 watts per channel. That's plenty of power for my seperates. It's the 450.4 model and man it looks nice.

Unread 01-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Admin

Next on the list for my new configuration is the 3sixty.2 Fosgate signal processor. It will replace all those knob boxes I have in the back. Fully programmable and will clean up any signals and boost to 6.6volts as well. It's kind of expensive but it's worth it for all that it does. Programmable by bluetooth trea 650. So I can use my phone to tune it.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/pr...es.asp?cat_id=1
Unread 02-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Admin

I have tried many separate mid-bass woofers and tweeters and have come to the conclusion that Rockford Fosgate speakers are unbeatable. Check out their website to find out why. It tells you exactly how and why. Besides the Fosgate stuff I have come to respect Clarion for their CD players and source units.

Audio Control makes the best equalizers I have ever used and tested. It is amazing how much of a difference they make! Their website does a great job of educating people about the specifics. Money well spent. Although now I will be replacing my EQ's and my crossover with the Fosgate 3sixty controller.

To power all of this stuff? Optima batteries of course. They run forever and mine has been known to recharge itself after a long night of stereo blasting. Once it runs dead I just turn everything off and wait for 3-4 hours and my truck starts right up.